"What's this?" My eyebrows raised.

Enzo grew sheepish as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Well, you fell asleep so I wrote an extra set of the notes for you."

My heart was swelling as I pouted my bottom lip, finding it hard to contain the amazement I felt. How was he real? "You, Lorenzo, are a walking angel."

Enzo bit back a smile, his face having grown entirely red now. "Shut up."

As I chuckled, my eyes fell upon Draco who stood further down the corridor with Pucey and Montague. His eyes flickered onto me. When he moved, I saw he was coming towards me.

Instinctively, I halted to a stop. "I just remembered-there's a book I needed to grab from Herbology. I will catch up with you later." Shooting Enzo a frantic smile, I spun on my heels and darted the opposite direction from Draco.

"Shall I come wit-" I didn't hear the end of Enzo's sentence as I wove my way through the crowded hallways, disappearing before Draco could get to me.

I didn't even know why I was hiding from him.

As much as I wanted to know why Mara was in his room last night, I also didn't want to know. It was easier to avoid Draco for now.

Well-the actual task of attempting to avoid Draco proved to be harder than anticipated.

I walked out of the Potions classroom with Harry and Ron alongside me, stopping when I saw Draco leaning against the stone wall with his arms crossed over his chest. Waiting.

Harry scowled at the sight of Draco. "I guess I'll see you later, Lys."

"Wait, no. Don't-" I hissed a breath when Harry and Ron scrambled away seconds after seeing Draco. They knew he was headed my way.

With his hands tucked in his pants pocket's, Draco approached me. "What happened last night?"

I glanced around the corridor, looking for an excuse to escape. Shouldn't I be asking him that question? "Oh, I-um."

Draco quirked an eyebrow. "I mean-I was just expecting you would show up."

Then why the hell was Mara making a late night-call to his room? I met his gaze, keeping my expression blank. "I slept in Pansy's room."

Draco nodded slowly. "Oh."

I cleared my throat, awkwardly shifting from foot to foot. "I have to see Hermione before next class. I'll see you around." I slipped past him.

"Wait-"

I scrambled away before he could stop me.

There was no use in avoiding him. I didn't know why I was still trying to, knowing I would soon be stuck in class with him.

Thus, it was time for for Arithmancy.

"Mione," I grabbed her arm before we could sit down. I usually sat between Draco and Hermione in this class but to my luck, Draco was not in the room right now. "Can you switch seats with me today?"

Hermione's eyebrows drew together. "Why?" Her nose crinkled. "I much rather not be between you and Malfoy."

I sighed softly, glancing back and fourth between her and door so I could see when Draco walked in. "I just-I'm avoiding him."

"What did he do? I'll kill him."

I shook my head quickly. "No, no-nothing like that. It's just-well it's stupid really. I'll explain later."

Hermione laughed softly as she sat down in my usual seat. "I get it. To be niggling one time, I pretended to stay mad at Ron for two whole days all because he let Fred and George give me an Acid Pop. I wasn't really all that mad about it."