I rolled my eyes and pulled my arm from her grasp before gathering my books. "I might just."

"What?"

I sighed, looking at her again. "Sorry, okay? I just-I don't care." About anything.

Narrowed eyes and frowning, Pansy spoke, "Bubba, are you-"

I groaned aloud, cutting her off. "Don't ask me if I'm okay. I'm so tired of hearing that absurd question."

She blinked, taken aback and at a loss. "You're acting very weird, Elysia. I just want to know what the fuck is going on with you."

Oh, how many times I've heard that. You lot don't understand. I don't know what's going on with me. I don't even feel like myself anymore. How do I explain that to anyone?

"Nothing is going on." As I headed towards Snape, the three of them followed me. "I'm just tired and cranky."

Pansy scoffed, obviously not believing my bullshit lie.

"Lys, Snape will kill you. You can't just-"

"I can't what?" I spun around to look at Hermione. Maybe Snape very well should kill me and get it over with, I'm sure it would do everyone a solid. "Merlin, everyone shudders at the sight of Snape. News flash, he's really not scary."

At least not for someone who was held captive by Samael fucking Hadeon.

The three of them fell silent. I was too numb to even care that they stared at me like I was-a raging psycho or just a stranger. My best friends now looked at me as though they couldn't recognize me and frankly, I didn't blame them because I couldn't recognize myself either.

"Lord Severus is expecting me." I smiled insincerely before spinning, heading towards Snape.

He waited for the room to clear out before walking around the desk to stand in front of me, his robe flying in the air behind him. "Miss Ambrose, care to give an explanation?"

I shrugged nonchalantly, holding my books to my chest. "Not really, no. Sir."

Snape's eyes narrowed as he peered at me carefully as if he were reading my mind. "Such attitude and blatant disrespect will not be tolerated."

I nodded slowly. "Okay. What's my punishment?"

Snape's eyebrows drew together in puzzlement, baffled by my lack of-any emotion really. "Miss Ambrose, have you spoken to anyone about the unfortunate events that took place last year?"

My nose crinkled as I scoffed in disbelief. "Really? I say this with all due respect, professor, but I already have enough people concerned about my post-traumatic-stress-whatever. Please don't play shrink with me."

Snape nodded slowly, thoughtful. "As unaffected as you may think you seem, I see quite the opposite."

"Okay." I laughed dryly. "If you're giving to give me detention, please get on with it. As I said, I don't need a shrink."

He analyzed me for a long moment before turning and walking back around his desk. He didn't look at me as he gathered the books on his desk. "Be on your way, Miss Ambrose."

I was taken aback. "That's it? You're not going to-"

"As I said, be on your way." He cut me off, his tone flat.

I clicked my tongue. "Alright, then." I turned and headed to leave the classroom.

Snape spoke again before I made it out the door. "Do not be mistaken, Miss Ambrose. I've let you off this time but speak to me with such disregard in my class again and I will ensure the consequences will be far worse than you can imagine."