XXIV

All of a sudden, Reggie and I were back in the studio. Still clutching his hand out of fear, I looked at him and anxious looks painted our faces. I pulled him towards me and held him in a tight embrace. I let out a deep breath as I realized we had left the club and were back home.

"I'm sorry" I heard Reggie whisper to me as I hugged him.

"No. Don't be sorry Reg. It was my fault I was there, I should've known that making a deal with Caleb wouldn't have turned out well. It's just- the offer he presented. I couldn't pass it up you know?" I looked at him as I started to pull away, "Oh- of course you know, sorry." I said as I remembered the Orpheum night.

"No, I shouldn't have brought you to the club in the first place y/n." Tears started to form in our eyes. "It was our stupid revenge on Bobby that caused all this. I just wish I could've protected you more-" He stopped. I cupped his head in my hands and smiled as he looked at me.

"It's okay, even if you tried to stop me I would've found a way to come with you. There is no way I am letting you go to some sorcerer for revenge and not taking me." I laughed through sobs. "I am always going to be here okay? And none of this is your fault, don't blame yourself." I wiped a tear from his eye and hugged him again. "It's okay" I whispered.

------------Later-------------

Julie and I were sitting in her room as she told me about what happened with Luke's parents. "That's so sweet." I said, hugging a pillow as I tried not to tear up again, I had cried enough already. "Okay, now what happened after that got you all worked up and has you scribbling in that book right now?" I asked her. Just then Flynn walked in.

"Hey, I got your text." 

"Don't come too close. Anyone I seem to care about disappears." Julie told her. 

"Okay- you need to fill me in right now because I am your sister and Flynn knows before me?!"

"Okay okay, come here." Julie patted next to her on her bed and I sat where she had laid her hand. Pillow still clutched in my arms. "So I walked home after Luke poofed out and found him on the deck.." I leant in with curiosity as Flynn sat before the bed, "We talked about what happened and he said he had to tell me something.. He told me they had 'unfinished business' and that's why they came back as ghosts.."

"What?" I asked.

"I'm not done. They have to play the show that never got to play at the Orpheum.. but then after Luke told me.. he got hit with one of those jolt things that were hurting you. He told me that the ghost that they took you to see about Bobby put this curse on them that will keep hurting them unless they join his house band for eternity."

"He was getting them too?! I found out Reggie was getting them and, yes, it's the stamp Caleb gave us. He said it would drain us until.. you know."

"You talked to him?! Why?!"

"I didn't know he was dangerous! Until I sang at his club..." I stood up from the bed, itching the back of my neck in a nervous manner.

"You what?! 1. That's incredible and you need to tell me every detail! And 2. Are you insane?!" Julie screamed.

"Jules! calm down! I'm okay, he didn't hurt me.. he just told me that he put the stamp on me that will hurt me... I won't go back, I swear.. but I need to find out more about the stamp.. for my own good."

"Okay, promise me you'll be safe." She held her pinkie finger out and I wrapped my finger around it. Locking in the promise. "Anyway.. can we go back to my thing?" She asked.

"Yes." I sat back down.

"I just don't get it. Right when my life starts to get good. Great friend, great band, great guy... then bam!" She yelled, finally holding up what she had been working on.

"I seriously don't know why all of this is happening to you, but that's gonna be a great album cover one day." Flynn pointed out kneeling at the trunk full of mom's clothes. I pointed at her nodding my head in agreement.

"You don't have to do that." Julie told Flynn as she folded her clothes and sorted the trunk.

"I know, but I get to check out all your mom's cool stuff. Whoa... Did you know this was in here?" Flynn pulled out a bedazzled shirt that read.. 'Sunset Curve'?

"What the heck?" I asked, confused.

"How do you think she got it?" Flynn asked.

"I- I don't know, but the guys said they didn't know my mom. Why would they lie?" Julie asked.

"Maybe they didn't" I said.

"Maybe she knew them. She could be a fan!"

"I mean, Sunset Curve was playing the Hollywood club scene around then." Julie pointed out.

"Oh my gosh.. What if you guys were right? What if the guys are connected to your mom? You know, through music or something."

"Because she bought their t-shirt?" I asked, taking the t-shirt from Flynn's hands.

"Think about it. They were the ones who made you wanna play music again. Maybe she knew they could help you."

"So you mean to tell us that our mom is somewhere out there planning all of this? If she wanted us to play music again, why wouldn't she just tell us herself?"

"Maybe she can't" I stood next to Flynn, "Maybe she has to do it another way! You know, through signs."

"You've been through these clothes how many times and haven't found this t-shirt? Why now? This is another sign. I'm just saying. It's not over guys!" Flynn smiled.

"Really? Signs?"

"You're in a ghost band. It's a crazy world"

"She has a point." I told Julie.

"Look, you guys are gonna lose them.. no matter what. And it sucks. But they helped bring you back to life. Now it's your turn to help them. They have to cross over. Let them go."

--------------In the studio--------------

We walked in on the guys.. in a funk. Reggie playing discordant notes, Alex trying to balance a drumstick on his nose and Luke... just sitting?

"Snap out of it!" Julie yelled, causing Alex to fall to the floor. I tried to hold in my laugh as Julie was being serious.

"Jeez, I think you broke Alex." Reggie told us.

"Do you guys wanna cross over or what?" I asked.

"Get it together!" Julie yelled again, clapping her hands.

"They're never going to let us play the Orpheum." Luke groaned.

"We're nobody." Alex added.

"We're less than nobody, we have no bodies." Reggie finished.

"Someone once told me that you don't ask for permission. You book gigs by doing." Julie looked to Luke.

"That was me." Reggie smirked.

"No it wasn't." Julie and Luke chorused as I gave him a pat on the shoulder to soften the blow.

"Yes it was.."

"This isn't over. We were brought together for a reason: to help each other." I smiled.

"Yeah, but like Luke said, people don't just play the Orpheum because they want to." Alex pointed out.

"People don't," Julie started.

"But ghosts do." I finished.

_________________________________________________

Hey Fantoms! I hope you liked this chapter and the little Reggie moments I put in this. Also, I just want to bring to light that I am British and if I slip in an accidental mam or settee instead of couch, that is why. I just wanted to match the American language in the show ha-ha. I am so close to the last episode which is so sad but I think I can make two more chapters from it and I might do one bonus one just for fun but we will see. Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter and it's what you hoped for! :)

-Zoe