III

Later that night, me and Julie made our way out to the garage. Julie comes out here all the time, just to sit. She sometimes talks to mom too. I haven't been out here since the night mom died. I was waiting for her to come home. Sitting there at the piano when my dad came in. I'll never forget the look on his face. He was completely heartbroken.

"Hey, y/n? You okay?" I heard Julie whisper as she looked back to see me standing in the doorway.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I muttered, choking back tears, "I'm gonna start on the attic okay?" Julie gave me a nod and sat at the piano. I climbed the old ladder up to where me and my siblings always used to hang out and saw it hadn't changed in a whole year. I started pulling boxes from their shelves, finding old song books and instruments. I found an old necklace in one of the boxes. It was a padlock, I didn't see any way I could open it. I thought it must be moms and anything I can have that was hers I will take in a heartbeat. I took the necklace out of the box and put it on. Then I saw a CD. I don't think I've ever seen this before? I thought.

"Hey Jules? Do you remember a band called Sunset Curve?" I called down to my sister.

"I don't think so!" Came a reply, "Come down and we can play it and see!"

I slowly climbed back down the ladder and stumbled my way to the CD player. I put in the CD and me and my sister gave each other a little smile. We sat down on the couch and listened to the band. Until we heard shrill screams coming from the roof? We covered our ears from the deafening sound until they stopped. We looked up again to find three boys lying on our garage floor?!

"Woah" A boy in a Grey and black checked coat spoke up, "wait- How did we get back here?" In front of us stood this boy, Wearing a blue hoody under his coat and a white tee with the words rush covering it. A darker haired boy wearing a white tee, leather jacket and red flannel, I don't know what it was but something about him made me have to look twice. I swear I knew him. He was so familiar. And one blonde boy in a pink hoodie with a black denim jacket and a black cap backwards on his head.

As they made their way to their feet my sister and I let out a scream. The boys let out a scream of the same pitch. We looked each other dead in the eye and bolted out of the garage doors. We ran up the path leading to the front door, keeping our shrill screams in the back of our throat as we ran. Looking back at the open doors to see if the boys were following us, we didn't realise our dad was heading our way and we bumped him and Carlos.

"whoa whoa, hey." dad chuckled, "Slow down! You look like you've seen a ghost!"

"we did! Three! Garage!" I said breathlessly

"Run!!" Julie screamed as we dashed for the door. We ran into the house and up the stairs into our room. I dove behind a bean bag peering out the window just low enough so no one could see. Julie ran to her bed and instantly texted Flynn '911'.

"Come on Flynn, 911 means 911!!" Julie rolled her eyes.

"Don't act like she doesn't usually take three hours to reply!" I said, "Besides how can she help when we don't even know if she can see them? But then why can we? What if-"

"y/n! Calm down!" Julie shook my shoulders and let go again as I fell back onto the bean bag dramatically.

Our dad came bursting through the door with a panicked look painted on his face. As he threw open the door I jumped back, almost rolling backwards off my seat.

"hey girls" He said, "Sorry for barging in, I just wanted to check that you girls were okay" He slowly walked in and sat beside us.

"You don't believe us do you?" Julie looked at him

"Honey, of course I do. I see your mother all the time." He reassured us.

"It wasn't like that!" I tried to convince him that we knew what we had seen. It wasn't mom, but a band that was summoned because we played their music?

"I know, its different for everyone girls, you're lucky you guys could see her together. Share it with one another."

"Dad, you're not listening to us. We saw something out there!" Julie started to get irritated as I looked across the room and nodded in agreement.

"Okay, I'm listening to everything you have to tell me. Lay it on me." He looked at us, ready for whatever we had to tell him.

"Now you sound like Dr. Turner" I said and this time Julie nodded in agreement.

"Maybe another visit to Dr. Turner wouldn't be the worst idea." He sighed.

"Dad!" Me and Julie yelled in unison.

"You know, can we just drop it?" Julie asked, the irritated tone in her voice rising.

"Alright, consider it dropped." Ray came to his feet, "All good?"

"yeah." Both of us agreed with smiles. Dad then walked out closing the door behind him.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! I know this is still kind of a build up chapter but as I say I don't want to rush it. Hopefully I will be bringing out a new chapter everyday and I'm writing notes for the next one right this minute. Thanks for reading! :)