X

The morning after I found out Reggie and I could touch, I hadn't slept a wink. Julie woke up like nothing had happened and I had to pretend that I didn't know anything. I hate lying to my sister. Maybe if I just avoided anything to do with Reggie I could talk to her and not really be hiding anything. 

"Goodmorning" Julie sat up in her bed with a smile. I had to pretend I had just woke up so she thought I had been sleeping all night.

"Oh.. good morning" I yawned. "You ready for Carrie's performance today?"

"Ugh.. no. I don't want to go... do I really have to?" Julie groaned

"Sorry to disappoint but yes, you do. You can't skip school just because you don't want to see your ex-best friend perform at the spirit rally. Now come on. Get up" I told her, as I got up from my bed and dragged her out of hers.

"Fine" She slumped from her bed and we got ready to leave for the spirit rally and started to walk out of the door.

"Come on cheer up. What's wrong?" I asked my sister.

"I just- last night Luke gave me a song. He said I should perform it to get myself back in the music program but I don't know if I should do it. And Carrie would be so mad if I stole her spotlight." Julie rambled.

"Calm down." I stopped her at the end of the driveway, "I think that if you do this, you are guaranteed to get back into that program with your amazing voice. As for Carrie, I'll go up there with you and play and she won't be mad at me so she won't be mad at you okay? Don't worry about a thing." I put my arm around her and we walked to school together.

We both walked into the music room to see... no-one but Flynn? What was Julie's comeback going to be now? We can't go back to the boys with a failure. 

"Where is everyone?" I asked Flynn.

"Spirit rally. I was boycotting it to make a statement" She replied as she played the trumpet she had in her hands.

"Julie was going to sing for Mrs Harrison and win her over but if no-one is here and she doesn't want to go to the rally.." I trailed off.

"Nuh-uh." Flynn stood up and walked over to me and Julie, "My girl is gonna sing if it depends on her life. Come on" She put her arms around our shoulders and we walked into the gym.

We walked into Carrie and her band 'Dirty Candy' performing her song, 'Wow'. 

"Looks like someone spent all of her daddy's money on costumes and Katy Perry's choreographer" Flynn crossed her arms.

"Well it paid off" I couldn't help but agree. They were amazing. Just then I heard another whooshing sound and I knew the boys were here.

"Hi guys." I said without turning around.

"Wha- How did she?" Reggie stuttered.

"You think we haven't gotten used to the whoosh of you guys poofing in have you?" I told them.

"What are you guys doing here?" Julie whispered, trying not to draw too much attention to ourselves.

"Wanna see you stick it to the man!" Luke told Julie. I avoided eye contact with Reggie as I hid my burn I got last night. I wanted to reach for him but I knew I couldn't let anyone see that I could touch him. We all watched Carrie and Dirty Candy perform and Alex started copying the moves until Luke hit his arm causing him to stop. 

The music came to a finish and Carrie put her hand to her chest. "Thank you, thank you!"

"We love you Carrie!" I heard a random girl shout from the crowd.

"Oh, I love you too! Make sure to check out my new youtube video! oh... and go Bobcats!" The crowd cheered. All of the girls walked out and people started taking to their feet. 

"Well.. now's your chance" I motioned Julie towards the stage. 

"Okay, let's do it" Julie smiled. I took her hand and we walked out on stage together. She sat at the piano and I grabbed my guitar. We looked at eachother and took a deep breath. Julie started to play the music to the song Luke gave her, 'Bright'.

'Sometimes I think I'm falling down
I wanna cry, I'm calling out
For one more try to feel alive
And when I feel lost and alone
I know that I can make it home
Fight through the dark and find the spark'

As she sang people started to stop walking out and approach the bottom of the stage. Listening to us. I came in with my guitar and saw Reggie out of the corner of my eye. I smiled at him and then looked back at the crowd. At this point everyone had stopped to listen to what we were playing.

'Life is a risk, but I will take it
Close my eyes and jump
Together, I think that we can make it
Come on, let's run
And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together, bright forever
And rise through the night, you and I
We will fight to shine together, bright forever'

As the beat started to pick up I saw everyone jump, their jaws dropping. I turned to see the boys on stage with us?! And people can see them?! What is happening!!?

"Is this really happening?" Julie asked Luke.

"Just go with it!" Luke ran to the mic and started to sing. Reggie walked over and we sang into the same mic while playing.

'In times that I doubted myself
I feel like I needed somе help
Stuck in my head with nothing left
I feel somеthing around me now
So unclear, lifting me out
I found the ground
I'm marching on'

Luke sang alone until Reggie joined him.

'Life is a risk, but we will take it
Close my eyes and jump
Together, I think that we can make it
Come on, let's run'

The rest of the time we were on stage, I sang and danced with the boys but kept looking back at Reggie. I want to know why he is so familiar. Could I feel myself falling for a ghost? As the song stopped we all bowed, but I heard that same whooshing sound and the crowd gasped. As I lifted my head up again the boys were gone. I looked at Julie and she looked panicked. How are we supposed to explain this?

A boy ran onto the stage, "Where did the rest of your band go?". We couldn't think of an answer. How do you explain that you found ghosts in your studio and now they can be seen when singing and playing with you? Thankfully we were saved by a girl in Dirty Candy. "Wait- were those holograms?" She yelled. I laughed and went along with it. "Yeah we hooked up some video to the projector earlier!" 

"We'd explain but it involves science and stuff." Julie finished my sentence. I pointed at my sister to agree with her.

______________________________________________________________________________

Bonjour! I've been really excited to write this chapter and have the reader sing with Reggie. I'm really enjoying writing these chapters and I hope other people are enjoying reading them :)