IX

The next day I made my way downstairs to see everyone gathered around the table.

"Erm.. what's going on?" I walked up to them.

"y/n! Perfect timing. We need your opinion on something." My dad waved me over.

"Okay..?" I was confused. What was this about? Did they know about what happened last night? How am I going to explain a burst of purple light? Oh no.. I started to panic.

"We were just discussing if we should really move house. I'm doing this for you and Julie, so you can get a new start but Julie says she wants to stay. What do you think?"

"Oh my god really?! I would love to stay here. I only just started going in the studio again. It would be sad to lose it." I said, going over to hug my dad.

"Yeah, and since I sang again maybe we can keep going out there together." Julie smiled at me

"Of course." I smiled back.

"So I guess all votes are in!" Carlos jumped on the couch smiling. "We're staying here! I'm so happy, I really don't wanna clean under my bed."

"Noted." Dad pointed at our little brother.

~LATER ON~

I was sitting on my bed, trying to go to sleep but there was something keeping me awake. Julie was already fast asleep so I looked over at the time.

"1 am?!" I really should get to sleep. I tossed over in bed and closed my eyes once again but I felt something behind me. It wasn't a person, I could tell. I spun over in my bed and saw the padlock necklace that I unlocked with Reggie... glowing?! I quickly rushed over to the desk and grabbed the lock before Julie woke up from the bright light.

I hid the necklace under my blanket and tried to figure out what was happening. How could I make it stop? I felt a sudden shock from the metal and dropped the lock. I looked at my hand and had a burn in the centre of my palm. What just happened? I had to figure out if the same thing had happened to Reggie, so I slumped out of bed, trying my best to not wake Julie and made my way down to the garage.

I looked around the place, guided by the light of my phone but I didn't need it. I saw that same glow coming from the corner of the studio. I ran to see what was happening and heard a sharp wince. "Reg?" I called out. "y/n?" He called back.

"What was that?" He asked as I went and kneeled next to him, still being guided by the glow. 

"I don't know but I never should've touched mine." I held out my hand, showing him the padlock shaped burn on my hand.

"Jeez, are you okay?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just want to figure out what this means." 

"I don't know about that but I think I may have a solution."Reggie held his hand out for me to place my necklace in. He looped the open lock around his necklace and put it in place again so both the key and lock were hanging around his neck. Instantly the light stopped and we were sitting in pitch black.

"Reggie! What did you do? How did it stop?" 

"I don't know. I just thought that if we connected both the lock and key it would do something? I don't know."

"well good thinking" I winked at him and held my fist out for an air fist bump. I know we can't touch but at least we can just fake it. He went to hit my hand, expecting his to go through but he actually hit me. He actually just touched me.

"WHAT?" I screamed freaking out before Reggie put his hand over my mouth.

"y/n! Stop! This- this is weird, and it's freaking me out too but we can't let anyone know okay? I mean anyone. We don't know what this means and we need to find out before others do." He told me, slowly removing his hand from my mouth and grabbing my hand instead, inspecting the wound on my palm. "It'll be okay. Now go back up to your room and see if you can get some sleep." He let go of my hand and sent me on my way. 

I went back up to bed but didn't sleep the rest of the night. How can we touch? Why can we touch? What does this mean? The one time Reggie doesn't make a joke or a stupid remark is the one time I need one! 

______________________________________________________________________________

I hope you liked this turn of events, straying from the original story. I completely improvised this as I was writing it so if its a bad concept I'll repair it in later chapters. :)

-Zoe