XIX

After school, me and Julie just wanted to get home and forget about the whole day. As we walked home, I found myself apologizing profusely to Julie, but she didn't blame me at all, she just kept saying it wasn't my fault. She changed the subject and told me the band name that Flynn came up with, 'Julie, y/n, and the phantoms'.

"No no, it should be Julie and the phantoms. You're the star. Besides, being a phantom would be pretty cool!" I objected.

"Are you sure? I want you alongside me, and people to know your name as well as mine. I don't want to overshadow you."

"Overshadow? Never, you are the star, believe me." I reassured her, and born was our band name, 'Julie and the phantoms'. 

We made our way out the the studio, not expecting to see the guys out there. Everything was still really awkward between them and Julie. She hadn't talked to them since last night.

'We're sorry, so sorry. We're super duper crazy stupid sorry!'

We walked up to the garage doors to be greeted by a tune from the band. Julie wasn't impressed but I couldn't help but smile. I knew she was upset, but she couldn't blame everything on them. I was also in the wrong. 

"In case you missed it, we're really sorry" Reggie chuckled.

"Yeah.. I... I think we got that part." Julie stuttered.

"We've been here for, like, three hours."

"Yup" Reggie and Alex high-fived.

"We almost sang to your little brother." Luke raised from his knees.

"He comes in here a lot... mainly to use the bathroom."

"Yeah. It's not our favourite part of the day."

"But, Julie, it wasn't okay that we flaked on the dance last night. And y/n, we shouldn't have taken you with us, that's on us. We know we let you guys down." Luke stepped closer to us.

Alex added on, "Yeah, and none of us wanted to let you down, especially y/n. You're the best thing that's happened to us since we became ghosts."

"So.. in the hopes that you'll re-join our band, we booked a new gig." Luke held out a poster in front of us.

"A mega  important life changing gig!" Reggie leant on Alex's shoulder. The poster read: "Eats & Beats. New Music Night, Live Music".

"Okay, okay, check it out. Tons of managers go here to listen to new bands. All we gotta do is blow them all away, and we're living the dream!"

"So.. this means a lot to you guys, huh? Kind of how playing in front of our entire school meant a lot to us." 

"Sounds like sarcasm..." Reggie started as I put my head in my hands, stifling my laugh. "I'm starting to think our plan isn't working." He whispered to Alex, but Alex just ignored him.

"Look, we know we messed up"

"But we need you guys in the band." Luke finished Alex's sentence.

"Of course you do, because without us, no one can see you guys play. You know, I thought the music that we were writing was special, but you're too obsessed with your past to even care."

"Julie!" I couldn't believe what she was saying.

"I do care. Our band has a real chance at greatness and I'm not gonna let that get away from us again."

"Uh-huh. Right. So then why did you bail on us to get back at Trevor, and why did you put my sister in danger like that? I'll tell you why. Cause there's only one thing you care about, and that's yourself." Julie turned her back on Luke and walked away, not looking back.