XXII

I saw Julie running out of the class as I opened the door. Where is she going? I followed her through the corridors to the music room, Flynn running behind me. "Jules!" I called. We walked in to see her sitting at the piano, playing something I had never heard before.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you. Why'd you run out of dance class like that?" Flynn walked over to Julie and sat by her as I walked round her and sat on the piano.

"Sorry, I just needed some air. It was a little intense in there. Also, y/n ran out too, are we not going to question that?" Julie turned to me and so did Flynn.

"This- This is not about me!" I yelled. Flynn rolled her eyes and turned back to Julie, thank god.

"Yeah- I noticed. Dancing with the guy you've had a crush on forever can do that to a girl."

"Yeah.. but the whole time we were dancing, I was thinking about Luke" Julie replied.

"Seriously?" 

"First of, called it." I jumped off the piano and made my way over to Julie, resting my head on hers.

"Second, I know you always want what you can't have, but Luke is next level" I laughed as the words left Flynn's mouth but she retaliated, "And don't think I've forgotten about you and Reggie" She pointed at me.

"Well at lease I can touch him!" Julie turned to me with an unsurprised face. I mouthed the words sorry and hugged her from behind.

"Well... thanks for that.. And, I know. And now I think Nick likes me. Nick!"

"He totally does." Flynn smiled.

"You can tell from a mile away!" I added.

"But me and Luke just clicked. And he's so-"

"Not real" Me and Flynn said in unison. "You can make all the music you want with Luke but, he'll always be a phantom." I trailed off, sitting by Flynn.

"Take your own advice, y/n. Reggie's also a phantom. So.. here's what we're going to do. Send Nick, and Cameron a friendly little text asking them to come to the party tonight." She grabbed Julie's phone but I hid mine.

"No need, I already told Cameron. Or at least I think I did, it was a bit of a blur."

"Okay.. well, done." Flynn showed Julie the phone.

"I usually don't use that many smiley faces.."

"You're right.. add more!" I told Flynn.

"See, I'm not gonna let you get your heart broken. And trust me. Tonight, you're singing with Luke and you're playing bass with Reggie, so the key is to avoid those big, beautiful, dead.. eyes."

"You're very pushy today" Julie told her and I nodded my head in agreement.

"You're welcome."

--------------------------Later-----------------------------

Everyone had turned up to the party from our class. Dad was setting up the camera and we were getting ready to perform. I saw Nick and Cameron walk in and take a spot before the 'stage'. Oh God. Julie had on the butterfly shirt I had made for her and I was wearing a matching guitar strap.

"You ready?" I asked her.

"As I'll ever be." I swung my guitar behind my back and hugged her, "You'll be great" I smiled. 

Before we went out I got a text from Carrie. It was a photo of her right outside, pointing to the garage door. It read: "Can't wait to see you! Break a leg!!"