XX

After a few hours of rehearsing with the guys, me and Julie walked into the house, laughing and singing under our breath. We walked into Carlos searching around the kitchen, tablet in hand.

"What are you doing?" Julie asked, puzzled.

"I'm looking for those orb things." He answered, too busy searching to look at us. "I'm telling you, this place is haunted. Every time I open my laptop.. its on some sort of.. rock music site. That ain't me, I'm all about that rap"

"Reggie." I chuckled under my breath. He is always wanting to look at rock music on our phones.

"I'm just trying to protect you" Carlos told us, as we started to make our way through the kitchen to the living room. "I'd be careful in there, dad has that look on his face." We glanced at each other and swiftly walked through the corridor.

We were greeted by our dad around the corner. Arms cross and a very unhappy look spread across his face. "Care to tell me why you missed the first three classes today?"

"I- erm- we-" I stuttered, trying to think of an excuse but then Julie butted in.

"We overslept at Flynn's house after the dance." She burst out. I gave her a look, she could never lie to dad.

"There was nothing going on in the classes anyway, I swear." I told him. "It won't happen again."

"Okay, but if you missed class it's only a matter of time before..." Dad was cut off by the door slamming.

"I came as fast as I could!" Tia yelled, "Girls, I will not let you fall into the gutter of life!"

"Tia, we're fine. We just slept in a little and we already talked to dad about it." We smiled at her, hoping it would just brush over. But when it comes to Tia, she has taken it into her own hands to punish us after our mom passed.

She sighed, "You are far from fine, I called your teacher, she said you both missed a calculus test!"

There was a scoff from the other side of the room, "Nothing going on, huh?" Dad added, that face creeping back over us.

"Dad, I'm so sorry." Julie told him.

"This is where you punish her." Tia looked at him expectantly.

"I know.. Julie, y/n.... No more going out on school nights."

"But, dad, tonight-" He cut me off.

"And both of you, go to your room."

"What else?"

"What? And... and read," Dad stuttered, trying to decipher the hand motions Tia was making. "Study- Calculus" He finally got it. "Go!"

We made our way upstairs, giving Tia eyes as we went. We collapsed on our beds, sighing. I sat and unlocked my phone to be met with a message from Cameron.

-----------------Texts----------------

C: Hey Molina!

Y/n: Hey Cameron, what's up?

C: Not much, just checking how you were. When are you free?

Y/n: I'm good thanks :) and I'm not too sure, think I may have just got grounded, why?

C: Oh that sucks, I was gonna ask if maybe you wanted to hangout or something?

Y/n: That would be cool. As friends, right?

C: Well.. I was hoping maybe it could be a date.