The Day That Was part 2

"We should have taken him to the hospital" Allison said as the three of us dragged Five inside the house. "A kid with s shrapnel wound might raise some questions" Five murmured.

"Yeah, well, so does the murder shrine in Harold Jenkins' attic" Allison remarked as we placed Five on the couch.

"He's still losing blood. What do we do?" Allison asked while taking of her jacket. "We gotta get the shrapnel out" I replied and put Five's legs better on the sofa.

I put my hair in a pony tail and rolled up my sleeves. I lifted Five's shirt and looked at the wound. "You okay there Five?" I asked him. "Peachy" he replied with a cheeky smile.

"Diego where are you going?" Allison asked as Diego left the living room. "Mom?" Diego asked, disappearing into the entree.

"Did he just say.." I asked Allison.

Diego came back with Grace by his side, walking up to Five, Allison and I. "Alright children, I'm going to need you guys to take him up to his room" she told us with a serious expression.

The three of us lifted Five back up and walked up the stairs, to his room and putting him on the bed.

"Okay, you guys wait in the hall" she ushered us out of the room.

One hour later and Grace was done taking the shrapnel out of Five's stomach and stitching him back up.

Diego and I were both leaning against the doorway, looking at Grace sitting next to Five who was laying down. Allison walked up behind us and looked at how Grace put a bandaid on Five's arm to keep the needle in place.

"Anything?" Diego asked Allison. "There's no answer at Vanya's place" Allison responded. "And the receptionist at her music school said she was no-show for her lessons today" she added.

Diego didn't respond and just walked out. "Hey, you okay?" Allison asked after him. I turned my head around to look at Diego and Allison.

"Yeah" he answered shortly. He looked back at Grace before talking. "I don't know, it's just surreal seeing her" he said honestly. Allison looked over at Grace too.

"I just wanna tell her I'm s.." he stopped his sentence as Allison and I looked at him confused. "We don't have enough time. We gotta go" he told us.

"I don't know Diego" Allison grabbed his arm to stop him from leaving. "Five is laying there, unconscious. We need him" she pointed to the room Five and Grace were in.

"We can do this ourselves" he said sternly. "We did that already, remember?" I told him. "We all ended up dead" Allison finished my sentence.

"I don't know. I'm just... I'm thinking I should go back and see Claire before-" "You can't run away from this, Allison" Diego interrupted her.

"That's what started this whole mess in the first place" he continued. "Luther was right" he sighed. Allison and I looked at him with wide eyes and a taunting smile on our faces.

"I didn't think I would ever hear you say those words" Allison said honestly. "I second that" I remarked.

"Yeah, well... we gotta stick together" he told us. "Where do we start?" Allison asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"There's no other addresses in the file, but there is another relation listed. Jenkins' grandmother" he explained.

"She lived near Jackpine Road" he said. "Let's go then" I said and followed after him as we went to leave.

"No, you stay here with Five" Allison told me. "What? Fuck no" I argued. "She's right, stay here" Diego said sternly.

"Hell no" "I heard-" Allison began. "Okay okay! I'll stay here!" I interrupted her before she could rumor me.

"Let's go" Diego said to Allison and they both went down the stairs, going to find Harold Jenkins themselves.

Huffing, I went inside Five's room and sat down next to him on a chair. This is gonna take a while.