Hold You Till Were Old

July 9, 2021

Benny's POV:

No one ended up going to the sandlot yesterday after the fight between Squints and Yeah Yeah. We decided it would be best to keep them away from each other for a day, then see how they do after.

"They'll be fine," I said, holding Ella's hand as we walked to the sandlot.

I let her wear my LA dodgers hat for today because I thought she looked cute in it.

She was also wearing a really awesome outfit that I thought she looked amazing in even though she said she put such little effort into it.

I was just wearing jeans and an old t-shirt like always.

"I know, I've just never seen squint's so down before. He's always happy and making everyone laugh you know?" She said in a worried tone.

"Yeah, I get it." I said, "Yeah Yeah was pretty down when I took him home too."

"I just hate how they had to go through that." She looked down at her feet as we walked. "They're such good friends and I don't want them to fall apart because of an argument over who sleeps with a blankie and who doesn't."

I stopped right when we got to the turn-in to the Sandlot and stood in front of her so She couldn't walk in. My arms snaked around her waist. I wasn't sure if she liked me doing that but she never told me not to so I did it anyway.

"What if we ditch Baseball today?" I said as I raised an eyebrow.

She laughed until She realized I was serious.

"Come on Benny, " She said putting her hands on my shoulders which made me melt inside every time, "you love baseball. I'm not gonna be the girl that distracts you from what you love. Plus we need to make sure Squints and Yeah Yeah don't rip each other's throats out."

But I love you too. Why couldn't I just say that to her? I love her. I know we've only been dating for four days, but I think I loved her from the moment I saw her taking her bags into her Grans house.

"You're probably right." I sighed.

She must've noticed I was thinking about something because she got up on her tiptoes and pecked me on the lips. Her lips were soft and always tasted like vanilla chapstick.

"We can hang out at watch movies or something when we get done here." She smiled.

I loved her smile. Her eyes always sparkled when she was happy.

"Well, then we better get in there," I said grabbing her hand and pulling her into the sandlot.

It's crazy to think that at the beginning Of summer, all I cared about was Baseball. But now, all I wanted to do was spend time with Ella. She makes me happy and I really do care about her.

Squints was standing on one side of the dugout getting his glove ready, while Yeah Yeah was on the other side talking to Ham about something.

"Alright let's play!" I yelled as I ran towards the dugout and threw all my stuff on the bench.

"Hold on," Ella said letting go of my hand.

She walked over to squints and made sure he was okay. I loved how much she cared about everyone.

I decided to check up on Yeah Yeah because even though it didn't seem like it, I really did care about the two of them. Especially since every time they fought, we wouldn't play as well.

"Hey man, you good?" I asked as I grabbed a water from the cooler next to him.

"Yeah Yeah, man I'm good." He lied.