A change in perspective

Bennys POV:

June 9, 2021

A week had passed since Ella came to California. We had gotten a lot closer. She's one of my best friends now.

I had just gotten home from playing baseball with all of them up at the sandlot and for some reason, I was extra tired. Instead of eating dinner, I kissed my mom on the forehead then gave Lilly a big hug, and went to my room to lay down. I at least had enough energy to take a shower so I did that then put on my boxers and a pair of sweatpants. I crashed about two minutes after laying down.

"Crack!" I was running to first base, sure I had just hit a home run. The crowd was cheering "Jet! Jet! Jet!" I stepped on first, then second, and out of nowhere a girl popped up in front of me. She had beautiful red hair and blue eyes that sparkled. Her freckles were perfect and she was wearing a long royal blue dress. All of a sudden I felt a tap on my shoulder. She was holding the ball, with a glove on her left hand. It was Ella.

My eyes opened and I shot up in my bed. There was sweat on my forehead but I was cold. Did I really just have a dream about Ella? I mean sure she's really cool but I only saw her as a friend. People have dreams about their friends, right?

Suddenly my alarm clock rang. I had woken up just before 6:30. I got up out of bed and put dark blue jeans and a white wife-beater shirt with a grey short sleeve button up over it. I put on my favorite pair of shoes, my PF flyers, then walked out into the hallway and into the bathroom.

I put on a crap ton of deodorant because I was already sweating. I don't even know why I had a dream about Ella. I mean sure she was pretty... cool. She's pretty cool. Maybe that's why?

I jumped when I heard a soft knock at the door which I automatically recognized. I hid behind the door while I slowly opened it and saw Lilly walk in with a confused look on her face. I slowly crept behind her and picked her up.

"Benny!" She laughed.

I always loved her laugh. It was adorable.

"Good morning munchkin," I said setting her back down.

She hated when I called her that, but I did it anyway.

Her hair was a mess so I helped her brush it because she liked when I did that. We both brushed our teeth at the same time but I still had to lift her up a little bit so she could spit her mouthwash out.

We walked out of the kitchen to see my mom, who had already started making breakfast. And to my surprise, she had stopped at the bakery too.

"Did you go to the bakery?" I asked very confusedly.

"Yes, I did. I met your little friend Ella too. She's very pretty. " She said then winked at me.

"Mom. No. She's just a friend." I said grabbing a pancake from the stack of them she had just finished making.

I sat down at the island next to Lilly who passed me the syrup after pouring about half the bottle onto her pancakes.

I felt my pocket buzz so I pulled my phone out and checked to see who had texted me. It was Ella. My face got warm just thinking about the dream. I mean I know it was just about her getting me out at the third base, but the dress she was wearing looked amazing on her.

Stay || Benny The Jet Rodriguezजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें