Logan

June 17, 2021

I woke up the next morning to the sound of a door slamming. I shot up out of bed and looked over to the other side of the bed.

"Shit!" I whispered then slapped my hand over my mouth.

Benny was still here. We must have fallen asleep while watching the pitch-perfect movies on my laptop last night. He looked so peaceful, I almost didn't want to wake him.

After staring at him in shock for a few more seconds, I decided to wake him up before my dad or Gran came in and saw him.

"Benny..." I said poking his cheek.

When he didn't wake up I decided to shake his arm. "Benny! Wake up."

He groaned. "Five more minutes mom."

I rolled my eyes then shook him again.

"Benny!"

Finally, he opened his eyes and looked over at me.

"Ella? What are you doing in my room?" he sat up, rubbing his eyes.

"I'm not in your room..." I said laughing awkwardly.

"What do you mean?" he looked around the room. When he realized where he was his eyes went wide. "Oh shit!"

"Yeah..."

"My mom's gonna kill me." he said getting out of the bed.

His hair was messy and his eyes were barely open. He ran over to where his shoes were and slipped them on then looked at me.

"What do we do?" he said nervously.

"What do you mean?" I asked with a confused look on my face.

"Your dad, he's gonna see me and think we did something bad..." he said scratching his neck.

"Like wha- oh..." I laughed. "I mean, you could climb out the window, but-"

"Great. I'll do that." He said cutting off my sentence.

He opened the curtains and unlocked the window. He opened it then climbed out onto the roof and paused for a moment.

"You snore by the way." He said winking at me then shut the window behind him. I climbed over the bed and looked out the window he left out of and playfully flipped him off. He laughed then jumped off the roof.

I was gonna warn him about the thorns in the bushes that he would be landing on, but then he said I snored so I just let it happen. My heart dropped for a moment, then went back to normal after I saw him running towards his house.

"That boy." I said shaking my head while walking into the bathroom.

I took a shower then wrapped a towel around my hair and body. I just braided my hair because I didn't feel like blow-drying and straightening it. I brushed my teeth and put mascara on, then walked back into my room to pick out what I was gonna wear.

When I finally decided on wearing white Nike shorts and an old rock band t-shirt, I put them on and plopped back down on my bed, and opened up TikTok.

There was a soft knock on my door so I answered it with a tired "come in."

"Someone's up early." Gran said opening the door and looking at me.

I turned my phone off and propped myself up on my elbows.

"Yeah... I woke up at 6 then I couldn't go back to sleep so I just stayed up." I said trying to act as normal as possible.