1.21

"It's weird that I have to drive you away now." He chuckled nervously. "Why?" I asked. "Because I don't want to." He shrugged. I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his torso. "I'm afraid we'll have to get used to it."

-----

I opened the door to our Airbnb and walked in with James following, carrying my bag. He insisted to take it for me even though it wasn't bit nor heavy at all.

From the car I texted f/n that I was on my way and she invited James for a coffee. Of course, because we didn't want to say our goodbyes, he accepted.

"We're here!" I shouted from the hallway and took off my shoes. We both hung our coats and I then walked up to James giving him a short kiss.

"Hi!" F/n stormed right into me. She knew most of what happened over the weekend. Obviously. She kept showering me with questions the whole time.

"Hi, F/n. What have you been up to?" I hugged her. "You know. Just chilling. Checking up on you constantly of course." She winked and hugged James. "Thank you for inviting me." James said. "Oh please. I bet Y/n would do it if I didn't." She laughed.

I must admit it was super awkward being the two of us and F/n. So many things happened since the last time we'd be together with other people around.

We sat on the couch in the living room and f/n left to bring us coffee. James seemed a little distant as if he was nervous or something.

"She knows." I leaned into him whispering. "She knows what?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Everything, James. We're best friends." I chuckled and intertwined my fingers with his on his thigh.

"Everything?" He rose his eyebrows playfully and moved our connected hand on my thigh instead. "Yeah, pretty much." I giggled rolling my eyes.

"I know she is not the most discreet person and will possibly have some comments. But she knows so it doesn't matter." I pecked his cheek.

F/n returned from the kitchen with three mugs and sat opposite from us. She gave me a little bit of a look but did her best to keep it subtle. I was incredibly thankful for how she managed to keep it down.

We then talked about stuff from James's work, about our universities back home and even about some of our childhood stories just to keep the conversation away from my and James's date.

Because to be honest, we didn't do many things that'd be appropriate to mention in a conversation like this while having coffee.

After we finished our drinks, James thanked f/n again and hugged her before going to take his coat. I followed him into the hallway to kiss him goodbye.

Once he was all clothed I walked up to him and hugged him tightly. "Let me know when you'll be working on the podcast and when we could possibly meet again, okay?" I said. "Of course, hun. I can't wait." I lifted my gaze to rest my chin on the top of his chest asking for a kiss.

"But we have to think of some other activity for our next date." I grinned. "Okay, sure." He laughed.

"No, really I mean it. Let's make it a challenge. Tonight before we go to sleep, we both will have to give at least three ideas of what our next date could be so it's not just walking or watching movies as the pre-monopoly activity." I narrowed my eyes in a daring expression.

"Pre-monopoly?" James snickered moving his hands a little lower on my back.

"Yes. Deal?" "Deal!" We separated and I set my hand for James to give me a high five. "Great. See you then." I said as he opened the door.