039. AURORA STARK THE SCAREDY CAT

Start from the beginning

                         "M-My dad's going to kill me," she muttered as her predicament sank in.

                         Aurora bit her lip and limped up the hill, her hand still clutching her stomach where the wounds were still healing. Her entire stomach must've been wrapped with bandages and yet the pain continued to linger.

                         Once she reached the top of the hillside, old broken Greek columns of black marble were scattered around, as though something had blasted a huge building to ruins

                         "Hello!" Aurora cried. Looking around at her surroundings.

                         "Au-Aurora!"

                         Aurora froze. She knew that voice.

                         "Aurora! Leave!"

                         It was Nate.

                         Aurora turned in every direction looking for the man. Her mind was going haywire at the sound of the voice she hadn't heard for so long.

                         "Nate?"

                         "Yo-You lying bastards! You tricked me!" He bellowed but he sounded in anguish like something was paining him. "You told me she wouldn't have anything to do with this!"

                         Aurora ran towards the sound of his voice and gasped at what she saw.

                         Nathaniel was crumpled on the rocky ground, trying to rise. The blackness seemed to be thicker around him, fog swirling hungrily. His clothes were in tatters and his face was scratched and drenched with sweat, "Aurora!" he yelled. "Don't come any closer!"

                         His brown hair had grown longer in the past year, now completely unruly. Along with the growing stubble on his face. He had a deep scratch alongside his cheek that was dripping with blood, mixing in with the sweat sliding down his cheeks.

                         Aurora surged forward, but Nathaniel frantically shook his head. His face distorted with pain.

                         "What happened?" She watched him struggle. "Nate, What's going on? How do I—" she watched him wince as she tried to reach out to him. "By the gods."

                         "You can help him Aurora."

                         Aurora whirled around and she watched as Luke approached her with a smirk glistening on his face. His scar looked deadlier in this lightning.

                         He gestured towards Nathaniel, "You can protect your protector."

                         Nathaniel shook his head and yelled from behind her, "I'm going to kill you! I'll slaughter every single on of you!"

                         Luke only smirked, "You and what army?"

                         Nathaniel sneered under the weight above him, "I'll only n-need myself!"

                         Aurora watched Nathaniel's face turn to pure pain. The effort from screaming and struggling under what he was holding had to be immense because he looked like he was moments away from giving out.

                         She turned back to Luke with a glare on her face, she couldn't watch Nate suffer. The way his face was twisted into utmost pain while also doing his best to protect her had her moments away from tearing up, "How do I help him?"