037. WESTOVER HALL

Start from the beginning

                         They watched as Happy begrudgingly pressed the button to raise the partition. His face watching them with a disappointed look in his eye. Yet, before the partition was fully raised, he lowered it a bit, "See if I ever help you out with your family problems again. If you ask me, you know what I'll say? Ask me, ask me what I'll say."

                         Tony rolled his eyes and indulged him, "What happy? What will you say?"

                         "To ask your mother."

                         The partition rose.

                         Aurora turned to her father, "Can I please have the card now?"

                         Instead, all her father did was unbuckle his seatbelt and step out of the car. Aurora watched with her eyebrows furrowed as she noticed the impatient look on his face. He peeked back in through the open door and rose his eyebrows, "Are you coming?"

                         Aurora knew there was no use in arguing. Her father had been keeping a sharp eye on her ever since she came back from camp. Sometimes, he'd even sleep in her bed. Like he needed comfort that his daughter was there and not in the midst of a journey where she could easily see death coming to her.

                         "You didn't have to come, dad. You know that."

                         "Eh, it beats staying in the same car as Happy,"

                         She glanced at him, knowing something was on his mind but didn't decide to press him, "So what's the budget for today?"

                         Tony only shrugged as they entered a luxurious store ( one way too empty for auroras liking ) it was quiet except for the retail workers there. The chandeliers glimmered as the artificial light landed on them.

                         "Depends on if we're taking this opportunity to back to school shop as well."

                         Aurora immediately tensed and blew out a breath from her lips, "Dad, I'm sure we can wait—"

                         "Okay," he huffed and sat her down next to him on a small white velvet couch. "What's on your mind kid? MIT was your dream since you were a kid. They're practically begging to see you as one of their alumni alongside your old man," he dramatically tugged at his tie. "This was your dream. What happened to it?"

                         Aurora frowned and bit her lip as she looked away from her father. He was right, she'd been dreaming about attending MIT since she had learned that was her own father's Alma mater when she was a mere child. He had attended when he was fourteen years old and seeing as she was now fourteen it would be a great time to attend, especially if she wanted to follow in his footsteps. The only issue was with the way they'd given her the academic schedule for next year—some classes fell on the summer, meaning only one thing.

                         She'd have to miss camp next year.

                         Its the only reason she hadn't given the board of MIT and her father any answer on the matter, when they had given her the paper and her eyes landed on the overlap the only thing she did was frown and quip a short, "i'll think about it."