29.1: 1 Year Anniversary/Baecation

Start from the beginning

"Good morning ma" he smiled, leaned down, and kissed her awaiting lips tasting her vanilla bean lip balm on her soft plush lips.

"Daddyyyyy" he heard Kairi's voice booming through her phone.

"Is that my Lil Butt" Dave said all excited and happy to hear her voice. He should've known April was out here talking to her. Just because they were on a little baecation didn't mean that she wasn't going to take the time out and check on the girls and with what had happened to Kairi the other day he knew April was going to be all over it. That's what he loved about her. She wasn't going to brush her off or act as if what Kairi experienced was minor. It was just as important to her as it was to him.

"Yessss" Kairi dragged just as excited causing both April and Dave to laugh. Dave was happy that she sound like she was in better spirits and that's all he could ask for.

"Here you go Love Bug has been asking bout you" April said and passed him her phone.

"Lil Butt you were looking for daddy" Dave asked while looking at his baby all smiles this morning which made him smile even brighter and took away the little ache he had in his chest. This is the face he was used to seeing. Of course April had her on FaceTime. That's what they all did. Why have FaceTime and not use it?!

"Yesssssss" she dragged cheesing.

"Good morning Lil Butt"

"Good morning daddy" she said still cheesing. The smile she had on her face no one could take away. He knew by the way she was acting and how she sounded that she had a good and peaceful night.

"How did you sleep" he asked looking at his twin. Some days she favored her mother but most days she looked just like him. She was a whole little mood. She was literally his mini me from her looks to her mug all the way down to his moods. She was his carbon copy just in a form of a little girl.

"Good me and baby sis and grandma and nana had a sleepover" she replied still excited as her eyes lit up.

"Niceeee did you have fun" he asked seeing the excitement written all over her face. He knew she would be good in their parent's care. He had told them about her panic attack when they had first arrived so he knew that they would do whatever they could to make sure she was good. She was in good hands.

"Yessssss we watched movies, made chocolate chip cookies, and went outside and played basketball with grandpa and papa" she replied and April shook her head. Of course their fathers had been serious about the whole basketball thing and the fact that they had a basketball court at their house didn't make it any better. She knew they were going to get some use out of it.

Dave chuckled. "I'm glad you had fun Lil Butt. Where ya sister at" he said and asked as April looked off towards the beach with a smile on her face and wind blowing her hair looking like a scene in a movie. The look on her face spoke happiness and contentment.

"With grandpa and papa" she answered and pointed the phone at the two grown men crumbling in front Charlie. Dave laughed watching them entertaining her and her just a smiling and laughing at them. Triple B had all of them wrapped around her little fingers just like all the girls in their family. At this point they were all spoiled. He also knew that whatever Kairi wanted to do they were going to make it happen. They'd do anything to keep that precious smile on her face.

Dave and April talked to Kairi and Charlie a little while longer before hanging up. Now with momma and daddy duties out of the way it was time to officially start their day and focus on each other.

"I think when we get back I'm a take Lil Butt out on a date. You know a lil one on one daddy daughter time" Dave said as he looked off towards the beach.