CHAPTER 31 (Old Man Marley)

*BACK THEN AGE 16 BEFORE EVERYTHING HAPPENED*

"Hi Mr. Clifford." I waved blushing. "Hello Miss. Jenny please take your seat." When no one was around I made my way on his lap. He sighed. "Miss Jenny whater you doing." he asked chuckling. "Uh taking my seat." he scoffs and scoots me off. "Come on." he said taking me to my seat. I sit down crossing my arms as the rest of the class made their way in. 

"Pft tried to sit on him again." Tory asked laughing. "Eh maybe a bit." it was quiet. "So uh-how was prom?" "It was fine." I said not wanting to talk about it. "Diiiid-anything happen?" "What no." I said laughing. "I dunno it just felt a little weird." "Why?" "Maybe it was just me." "Jen you can tell me." she said holding my hand. I didn't feel like talking about it but I knew Tory wouldn't back down. 

"Well when we were dancing it was so sweet and a great moment you know like one of those moments in movies. It felt like I was actually livin in it. But something seemed off about him." "Like what?" "I dunno. But I don't need to think about it. We were talking and I was telling him I wanted to start karate cause he did and he told me he was gonna start teaching me." "Karate?" she asked almost laughing. "Yeah I know I know it's old school but it's something right?" she nodded. "Well you can't do karate." "Pft why not?" "Because you can't be better at me than something. It's against the rules of the world." "Pft right." we both laughed.

"Hey did you hear about the principle?" "No what happened?" "I heard that she slept with one of the students here." Tory said laughing. "What? Wh-where did you hear this?!" "It's been going around the school but the student hasn't come out about it yet but the principle hasn't denied it." "Well how did it happen did he come on to her did she come on to him." "What I heard is she called him into the office because he got in 'trouble' but then it turns out she got a little more frisky than we thought." she said winking. I gasp. "No she didn't." I said covering my mouth. "They said she tossed his salad." I let out a hard laugh until Mr. Clifford quiets me down. "Sorry daddy-I mean SIR!" I said correcting myself making the rest of the students hold back grins. "Mhm." is all he said rolling his eyes writing stuff on the board. 

*PRESENT*

we were in the car talking until Miguel for some reason texts me. 

"Hey you free to talk?"

"Yeah what's up?"

"I don't have a good feeling about Mr. Kreese." 

I look at Tory and show her the message. "Oh shit." she mumbled. 

"Wdym?"

"I mean he pounced on Demetri when he was trying to join. Did you not hear Hawk?

"Yeah well he probably deserved it, he tends to sometimes get outta line. But you're not the only one who has a bad feeling about him."

"Yeah? I mean that's probably cause he made you break your hand right?" pft that was half of it. 

"Yeah exactly."

"Well I just thought I would let you know, also tell me what happens at the beach club💅🏼"

"Pfffffft like I wouldn't😂😂"

I sigh. Kreese is blowing it for himself. And I think that's a good thing. 

*BACK THEN SAME DAY AFTER SCHOOL*

After school Jack went home and me and Tory went to the beach like we always did after school. It was a good place to go to get away from everything. Although after what happened to me that time on the streets my mom put a tracker on my phone and now I have a curfew at 8. Yay.