Chapter 2 : Nights Like This

Edith and Kayla were surprised to see Sadie asking them out for the club the next night cuz they knew since she got hooked with Taint, she stated away,  saying she didn't want any risks. But what was gonna stop them from partying anyway - esepcially with Sadie after a while.

Morning came Sadie greeted Taint with a good morning and some breakfast but Taint was still stiff but Sadie shrugged cuz she knew she was about to go party with her girls anyway. She knew that was the right way to hit the nerve, she was gonna play his game too this time.

Sadie held a soft smile to herself got to work early, finished everything and embarked her car to leave for her nephew's birthday since Taint ass was being petty and dumb.

"Heyy." She sang as Cyan jumped into his aunt's arms.
"Here's your gift." She smiled handing him a big wrapped box, the small boy jumped up and down saying thank you before he rushed back to his friends leaving Sadie to  make her way to the food section - she knew how good her only sister was good at cooking espeically on family gatherings with their mother.

"I dont see Taint." Marlene jumped next to Sadie with a margarita in her hand.

"He being him." Sadie picking up a cup and reaching it to her lips, to get the taste of the punch.

Even with family and friends, Sadie never insulted Taint - if she did, it was between her and her and rarely him. Even so, people knew when she was mad at him, when she was, but was holding her peace and whatsoever. Marlene though found that annoying, feeling like thus guy was stepping down on her younger sister.

"Hm, I see." She hummed deciding not to bother anymore.

Marlene and gone through and through almost a million times over Sadie and Taint's matter and it seemed like her younger sister had rocks for ears and was numb to advice. It wasnt like the first meet, first hate, with Marlene and Taint but with time she just couldn't stand seeing how their relationship was going - she felt like Sadie wasnt even herself with Taint. She knew Sadie for being outspoken, rude at times and the i dont care what you think girl but since Taint, she was different. Marlene was about six years older than Sadie and was just looking out for her but now Marlene was tried of speaking, so she let the girl be and see how it would all go down. Cuz she knew it would.

"Where's Mom?" Sadie asked looking around.

"In the kitchen making sure the cake is set. Dad is doing the kids' faces there though," Marlene pointed back to the kitchen and back to their Dad in the backyard being the painter he was.

Sadie's family, was the bougie and luxury type. Their mother came from the suburban but their father was the ultimate rich city guy. They met in a bookstore and long story short, got married and  gave birth to three children, Marlene first being a total housewife, Ethan their most successful being a detective barely around and then Sadie, the youngest - who didnt look it.

"Oh, Sadie when did you arrive?" Their mother's warm voice came as she hugged Sadie.

"Just now." Sadie smiled.

"Wh-," their mother started.

"Taint's not here." Marlene snarled making Sadie give her look,  even though she wasnt surprised.

"Dont tell me he mad again cuz they lost yesterday?" Heaven, their mother sighed.

"You got that one right." Marlene chuckled.
"Oop lemme go get Rihanna out there." She added seeing that Sadie was gonna punch her any second, making her rush to her 2 year old girl in the castle of balls.

"He hasn't spoken to you all day?" Heaven asked her daughter, referring back to Taint.

"Uh~ hmm." Sadie nodded looking at a distance obviously tryna avoid the converstation.