Chapter 5: Lost in the Wilderness

Kikyo was navigating the way to the next village while Itachi was staying vigilant against any sneak attackers.

Kikyo carelessly led Itachi and herself lost in the middle of a forest

A couple of hours of walking. Itachi looks around to know where they were.

Itachi questioned, "Uh.. Kikyo? Are we lost?"

 Kikyo replies in a not so certain manner, "Well......?" 

Itachi confirms, "We're lost aren't we?"

 "you're maybe right", Kikyo said.

They soon got tired of walking and later rested beside a tree.

Itachi questions Kikyo,"did you read the map carefully"? Kikyo nervously replied with a shaky voice,"um".

Itachi finds out that Kikyo has been holding the map upside down.

Itachi grabbed Her map and turned it right side up. "You've been holding the map upside down this whole time no wonder we got lost". Kikyo feels bad for herself,"I'm not that good at navigation".

Itachi tries to look for where they were but the forest seems to not be in the map. Itachi hits his face with the map and moans.

It soon got dark. Itachi and Kikyo feel fast asleep. A bird flew by, landing on the branch of the tree Kikyo and Itachi were resting on. It stared down at Itachi's sword.

It flew away and landed on a girl's arm. The bird twittered to her about what it saw. She could understand birds and replied to it,"Yes, that's the one I'm looking for". The bird flew away from her arms.

All of a sudden came a growing tree branch. It came swooped down and took Itachi's sword from the scabboard. It slowly pulls it away from him.

Somehow Itachi felt a little light for a moment, it made it obvious that someone took his sword away from him. Itachi grew wide awake.

He noticed the tree branch fleeing away from Itachi because it just found out that Itachi noticed it move. Itachi got really pissed. He smiles,"no one's getting away with my sword". Itachi digs in his backpack only to get two kunais for him to climb up the trees. He stabs the tree with his right hand first, then his left hand.

He climbed up the tree until he reached the top. He looks up and finds that branch that took his sword. He jumps to find a tree close to the branch. He stabbed his kunai to the tree so he wouldn't fall onto the dirty water under him. He puts his right hand making it look like he's looking for where that branch went. He finds the branch in the other tree in front of the tree he's on.

He smiled. He let go of the tree and pounce toward the branch. He was sure he would catch it.

Suddenly, the branch quickly moved away, as if it knew he was coming. He missed the tree and fell straight down to his face onto the dirty water making it splash everywhere. He got his face out of the mud under the water.

He got really pissed. He got up. He looked up. He backed up then ran forward running on the trunk of the tree. He reached to the highest part of the tree he could reach, got his kunai and stabbed it in the tree. He jumped from tree to tree searching for his sword.

Soon he paused, he found the branch. This time he tried not to scare the tree branch.

He hid behind the tree. He quickly draws out his black bladed kunai dagger."You're not getting away this time!" He said with a smile, being confident he'll catch it this time. He throws the kunai straight towards the target, making it hit a perfect shot as the kunai pierced the branch to the trunk of a tree. The branch stopped moving. He got a clear shot on it. He smiled.