I was not going to go about my day as usual. Nothing about this was usual. Dumbledore was spurring absolute bullshit saying that everything was under control.

The Marauders were frantic, the Gryffindors were panicked, everything was quietly chaotic. Even Snape seemed worried-which spoke volumes.

"Samael Hadeon. They say he is back." Potter was quiet as he spoke to his friends in the library, the lot of them sitting around a table. I stayed well hidden behind some tall bookshelves to listen in-seeing as it was becoming terribly difficult to get any information these days.

"Our parents told us stories about him when we were kids," Ron said, his voice trembling. "Nothing good."

Hermione flipped open a book as she started to explain. "Samael was a dark wizard in the 1970's-he had been said to have worked with Voldemort. A few years after the Voldemort's death, Samael was inclined to follow in his exact footsteps and attempt to take over both the Wizarding and Muggle world."

"But he never succeeded?" Ginny asked. "What happened to him? Where has he been all these years?"

"He was looking for the Stone of Vita." Hermione shuddered as she answered.

"What the hell is that?"

"An Immortality stone. By using this stone, it sort of encompasses a shield over you-protecting your soul and repairing any damage that may come to you." Hermione exhaled sharply. "You could sever their head off and it'll stitch itself back on. It turns you into something-not humane at all."

"Some of the myths about what the stone allows you to do-it's unimaginable. Something you wouldn't think to be true even in a dream." Potter added.

"Like the Elixir of Life?" Ginny added. "The Philosopher's stone."

Hermione shook her head firmly. "No. The Elixir does not truly grant immortality, it only extends the drinker's lifespan. It doesn't render them invulnerable to damage."

Ginny ran a hand down her face, flustered by all the information she was trying to digest. "If Samael has spent all these years looking for the Stone of Vita, why not just make Horcruxes?"

"Horcruxes can be destroyed-and they split your soul. They don't protect your body from the use of Dark Magic, which itself can destroy you from inside out." Hermione leaned back in her chair, sharing the same looks of fear that her friends had. "The Stone of Vita is the most definite way to be granted immortality. There is only one of them out there-and most people don't believe it actually exists because of how extreme it is."

"What-what is it that makes this stone unlike anything else that could give a wizard immortality?" Ron asked hesitantly, almost as though he were afraid to hear more.

Hermione took a deep breath before she continued. "Centuries ago, an old Alchemist named Firion Ambrosia created the stone. To create such a thing, he sacrificed exactly 99 souls-both muggle and wizard. With the sacrifice of all these souls along with enough dark magic, he created a stone so powerful, filled with conscience, spirit and magic-it gives the lone user an insurmountable amount of power."

"Firion nearly died creating that stone," Potter added softly, a grimace playing on his face. "The use of dark magic was so extreme, he lost the use of one arm after having made the stone. Almost went blind too."

Hermione shook her head slowly. "You lot don't understand-using this stone does not just grant immortality. It would make you a God. You would have far more abilities than any other wizard, dark or not."

Ginny inhaled sharply. Her eyes were glistening with tears. "This is what Samael is looking for?"

Hermione nodded. "It was what he was looking for after Voldemort died during the Wizarding War. He practically blew up the entire castle of Hogwarts to find it."