I gaped and sputtered. "But-there's-there's not even any music."

A grin tugged on Draco's face. "We don't need music, Elysia. The music plays for us, not the other way around."

Hesitant, I placed my hand in his warm one before I could think too hard about it. Before he could move, I spoke again.

"So, help me Merlin, if you're messing with me, Malfoy-"

"Shut up and dance with me, Ambrose."

I held my breath as Draco guided me away from the end of the tower. He stood in front of me, bringing my hand and placing it on his shoulder. He took a step closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist.

His body was warm and radiating onto me. He smelt like green apples and his expensive cologne. He was standing so close to me, I could feel his pepperminty breath fanning my face.

My body was tense for a moment before I relaxed.

Being like this with Draco-as he held me close to his body, our arms wrapped around each other, it felt abnormally comfortable.

I felt secure and protected from the evil in the world in his hold.

Something I would have never imagined could be true.

It sounded strange because I had always thought Draco was the evil one-but here he was, making me feel oddly shielded from anything hiding in the shadows.

I exhaled tremulously, looking up to meet his soft and warm gaze. "Why are you doing this?"

Draco smiled ever-so slightly, his eyes glinting. "Must I have a reason?"

My eyebrows raised. "Yes, actually."

Draco sighed deeply. "I told you-it would be a shame not to."

We moved together, dancing slowly. Despite there being no music, it didn't feel unusual. Although, I couldn't possibly understand why he was doing this, why he was being so-so decent and tolerable. Nothing about this made sense.

"Don't you have a date waiting for you? Shouldn't you be dancing with her?"

Draco looked at me flatly, shaking his head. "Stop questioning everything, Ambrose. Just-shut up for a moment and-and dance."

I exhaled softly, exasperating, but I licked my lips and shut up.

For a moment, Draco's eyes seemed to go darker.

I rested my head on Draco's shoulders and swayed along with him.

Part of me didn't like this. Part of me was panicking about what the hell was going on and why. Part of me was going into overdrive as I tried to understand what Malfoy's motives must be and if he really is just playing some long game to make me look like a fool.

The other part of me-a part of me I wouldn't have known existed, that part of me didn't want to let go. It astonished me that I could feel that way but there was something comforting and calming-something about Draco holding me that made me feel a sense of security I had never known could be true.

So, I let him hold me close to his body, I kept my head on his shoulder and I did as he said-I shut up and danced with Draco. It was slow and it was earnest.

After what felt like an eternity-long moment, I pulled my head back and looked at Draco.

"Really-what is this, Malfoy? What are you doing?"

Draco peered at me intently, licking his lips. "Must you always question my intentions? Why can't it be as simple as me wanting to dance with you?"

I found myself playing with the short hairs on the nape of Draco's neck. "Because it has never been something as simple as such with you and me." My voice came out quiet, in not much above a whisper.