Chapter 9: BlackSmith

Start from the beginning

With so much force, the apple split in half as it hit the boy. He fell on his back as the chestnut-haired girl's eyes widen. The armored warrior let out a sigh, he walked over to the boy who was groaning and holding his forehead.

Ares: Stop whining, or did she hit you so hard that you forgot that you can't feel pain here.

This made the boy stop and get back up to his feet with the help of the armored swordsman.

Asuna: You idiot! You're lucky that I decided that I would scare off whatever was there instead of killing it!

She said as she angrily talked to him as he slowly backed away in fear.

Kirito: H-Hey, you're the one that hit me! You should be the one apologizing!

Asuna: As if! You should always identify yourself when approaching players outside the safe zone, that's basic knowledge every player knows.

He had no idea how to answer so he looked to the side to see the armored swordsman with his arms resting on his hip. Even without saying anything, the black-haired boy's eyes asked for help.

Ares: Sorry bud, but she's got a point. Why are you here anyway?

Kirito: I-I was exploring this forest, looking for any cool monster drop. There aren't many dungeons on this floor so I thought they would be in the forest instead.

The girl just let out a sigh and backed up.

Asuna: Well it's getting late. We should head back to town.

Kirito: I know a shortcut through the forest that will take us there.

Ares: ...Lead the way then.

The group followed the ravenette through the forest, the sun began to lower and the darkness began to take over. Thankfully, the stars gave enough light for the trio to see. They arrive at a river and the two look at the solo player.

Kirito: We just have to follow this river. Don't worry, the current isn't strong at all.

He then steps into the river and as he did that, it was revealed that it was up to his knees. The other two join him and continue to follow him.

Ares: I can see lights up ahead to the left.

Kirito: Told you this shortcut would work.

The black-haired boy climbs out of the river.

Asuna: Yeah I guess you were rig- AAHH!

They turn to see a small creature climbing up the swordswoman's leg with its tentacle-like arms.