I sneered as I placed the palm of my hand on Fred's forehead and shoved his face back. "Shut up, Freddie. I was just saying."

"You've gone soft," George commented, intrigued. "For Malfoy, no less."

I scrunched up my nose, utterly bewildered. I was simply saying that whether or not Lucius had bought Draco a spot on the team years ago, Draco was indeed a good player who was hard to beat. If his spot was bought, he did the work to keep it all these years.

I stood up from my seat, flipping the boys off. "And you lot have officially gone mental."

The boys laughed from behind me as I walked away from them. Instead, I joined Hermione, Ginny and Luna who sat further down the long table.

"Hey girls."

They smiled up at me as I sat down.

"Elysia, you look charming as always."

I beamed a giddy smile towards Luna. "You my love, Lovegood, are an angel. As always."

A blush crept up Luna's cheeks. "Stop it, you."

"Ginny," I folded my hands on top of the table, leaning over. "I heard you've made Seeker. Congratulations."

Ginny blushed herself, flattered by her newfound attention she was receiving due to her spot on the team. "Thank you. I am terribly nervous I will cause us to lose the entire match."

"Don't be silly," Hermione shook her head. "You'll do great. Nobody should dare try to mess with you."

We fell into conversation about quidditch and Ginny's nervousness about being Seeker again this year. I was lost in my own thoughts, thinking about George saying I had gone soft for Draco. That was absolutely ridiculous.

"Do you lot think I've gone soft?"

The girls all looked at me in confusion.

"Soft?" Luna asked in her gentle, quiet voice. "Meaning?"

I shrugged, my nose crinkling. "You don't think I-I'm easily manipulated by Malfoy, do you?"

The girls all shared looks that I couldn't decipher. I had no idea what they were thinking which was concerning.

Hermione cleared her throat. "I think it's-marginally interesting how much you two enjoy bothering one other."

What did that even mean?

Ginny shrugged. "I don't think he manipulates you, per-say. Maybe you haven't gone soft but surely this on-going rapport of squabbling can no longer be simple hatred."

I blinked. My eyebrows pulled together in confusion. "You think I don't hate Malfoy?"

Ginny clasped her mouth shut, looking down at the table.

Luna also looked elsewhere, gazing around the Great Hall.

I turned to look at Hermione. "Tell me. Go on."

Hermione sighed. "It's difficult to consider that it is sole hatred. If you truly hate him so much, you would hardly be able to stand him. Most of the time-it just seems that you two are actually quite fond of the rapport you have."

Fond?

I was not fond of Malfoy.

It was difficult to explain the relationship we had.

Draco was simply born with a personality that I am meant to clash with. He's a Slytherin, I'm a Gryffindor. He's a Malfoy, I'm an Ambrose. I'm best friends with people who he despises-simply due to either their blood or because he had always hated Harry for no apparent reason. Hating Draco is simply expected.