"It's a shame nobody told you to go talk to him," Diego smirks.

"In a span of 24 hours, I've had attacks in three different places across town. Whatever this is, whoever this is, they're not slowing down. So, if you really give a shit, and you've got any fresh ideas, I'm all ears."

"The guy's kids, in the doughnut shop?"

"I've got units tracking the extended family in case anyone goes after them."

"Well, this place must have surveillance footage."

"No, it doesn't exist. The first unit on the scene clocked two shooters fleeing the premises, wearing, get this, creepy kids' masks."

"This city is really going to shit, huh?"

"Coming from the guy dressed in spandex?"

"It's not spandex, it's leather. And you used to like it. A lot, if I recall."

"God, please un-remember that."

"Etched into the data bank, Eudora."

"And we're done," Eudora says, walking away.

"Yeah, well, you go fill out your forms while I go hunt these animals down. And Detective," Diego says, causing the detective to turn her head. "I do give a shit."

She gives a sign of acknowledgement before walking away.

Beeman sighs. "I still can't get over the fact that you two used to..."

"Not another word, Beeman," Eudora says. "Not another damn word."

Timeskip

"Helen…" Vanya says to the first chair when she sees her in the bathroom. "You were great today. Really, really great."

"Thanks," The girl awkwardly replies.

"It's those runs in the Stravinsky. I've been hacking at them for weeks, and you just—"

"Make them look easy?" Helen asks. "What's your name again?"

"Vanya."

"Vanya," Helen repeats. "And how many years have you been stuck at third chair? At a certain point, it's not about practice. It's whether you've got something special. And maybe you just… don't. You can put in your 10,000 hours, or… you can go find something you're actually passionate about and stop slogging away at Stravinsky like a scared 13-year-old. Think it over," She says before leaving.

Timeskip

Cha-Cha held a hot hair curler over her wound, a sizzle sounding.

"…at an RV Park. But they can have generators on them, they can have their own tanks for waste, everything. All these materials, this is what I'd use on a normal house…" The man in the TV says.

"I don't understand how you can watch this crap," Cha-Cha tells Hazel.

"You don't find it interesting, how ordinary people live their lives?" Hazel asks. "They're agonizing over kitchen cabinets as if the entire fate of the universe rests on whether they choose azure blue or asparagus green."

"And your point is?"

"Sometimes there's beauty in the mundane, you know?"

"Well, then, this is the most beautiful room I've ever seen," Cha-Cha says before a whooshing sound interrupts their conversation.

They get up and retrieve the tube from the bathroom.

"Seven percent reduction in payment due to job delay. Furthur reduction every 24 hours until job completion. That is just…" Hazel says. "I mean… It's only been one lousy day. Let's see 'em get out from behind their desks, get their hands dirty for once. Damn lazy bastards."