Chapter 7: Party of 3

Start from the beginning

???: Then can I join your party? He said the bigger the group the better.

After a second, the armored swordsman sent an invite to the black-haired boy which he accepted. A name appeared on the top left corner of their screen alongside a health bar.

Ares: *Thoughts* Kirito, I've heard that name before.

Diabel: Okay, have you formed your parties? Then—

???: Wait for just a second!

An orange-haired man jumped off his seat onto the stage, his weird cactus-looking hair made him stand out.

Kibaou: The names Kibaou! I wanna say something before we take on the boss. Some of you here need to apologize to the two thousand who have died so far!

Diabel: Kibaou, are you referring to the beta testers?

Kibaou: Of course I am! On the day this stupid game started, the beta guys ditched us beginners, and they all disappeared. They took all the good hunting spots and easy quests for themselves, so only they could get stronger. And then, they just ignored the rest of us. I'm sure someone here was in the beta! They should get on their knees and apologize, and give up all the items and money they've hoarded. Otherwise, we can't trust them to protect us as party members, and they shouldn't trust us!

The tension in the air grew and the chestnut-haired girl turned slightly to look at the armored swordsman since the other day her partner revealed himself to be a beta tester. He remained calm and showed a cool exterior like he always shows. She also noticed that their new party member was shaking slightly, most likely because he too was a beta tester.

 She also noticed that their new party member was shaking slightly, most likely because he too was a beta tester

Before anyone could through any accusation, a tall bald man rose from his seat.

Agil: My name is Agil. Kibaou, tell me if I have this right. You're saying that because the beta testers didn't take care of them, many beginners died. That they should take responsibility, apologize, and provide compensation. Right?

Kibaou: *Nervous* Right

Agil: You got this guidebook, didn't you? It was provided for free at the item store.

Kibaou: Yeah, what about it?

Agil: It was compiled from information given by the beta testers.

The crowd once again began to murmur among themselves.

Agil: Everyone had equal access to this information. And even still, many players died. I thought the topic of discussion here was what we could learn from their deaths, and how that can help us defeat the boss.

 I thought the topic of discussion here was what we could learn from their deaths, and how that can help us defeat the boss

The cactus-looking player angrily went back to his seat in frustration.

Diabel: Thank you Agil, now let's continue the meeting. The latest edition of that guidebook was just issued, and it contains information on the boss. According to it, the boss's name is Illfang the Kobold Lord. He is guarded by assistants known as Ruin Kobold Sentinels. He is armed with an axe and a buckler. He has four health bars, and when the last one enters the red, he switches to a curved sword-type weapon called a Talwar. His attack pattern changes, as well. This concludes the briefing. Lastly, items will be automatically distributed. EXP goes to the party that defeats the monster. And whoever receives an item keeps it. Any objections?

The crowd remained quiet as they agreed with a nod.

Diabel: Okay, we leave tomorrow, at ten in the morning. See you there!

The crowd dispersed as the pair rose and began to walk away leaving the ravenette behind.

-TimeSkip-

The crowd was celebrating as they received the news that the first-floor boss room was found and the newly established assault team was partying because no one knew who would return after the next day. Meanwhile, the armored swordsman and cloaked swordswoman were near the outside of the town, not participating in the celebrations. The cloaked girl was eating a lot of creamed bread she received from the armored swordsman.

Out of all the food in Aincrad, this was currently her favorite food to eat. Meanwhile, the armored warrior was reading a book besides the hooded girl.

Asuna: What are you reading?

Ares: ...A poem book.

Asuna: Why that?

Ares: ...A hobby.

Asuna: Oh, ok.... can you read one out loud.

Ares:......The Warrior.

As metal clangs against metal, my arms grow weak.

This fight isn't going well, it's starting to look bleak.

I can see my enemy's face, and the look in his eyes.

Both of us knowing, the other must die.

The sun reflects off, the side of our blades.

As our fight goes on, the light quickly fades.

He now loses his footing, and my blade claims his head.

My body is tattered and bloody, but the enemy is finally dead.

I will now return home, and take much needed rest.

As I rest and heal I will smile with pride, in knowing I'm still the best.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

乇几|

(A/N): Hey guys, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it. More chapters coming soon so stay tuned.

Support my Kofi :)
ko-fi.com/guardian_angel21

Here's your chapterly meme