Chapter 23

Hello! I'm back! I didn't feel very satisfied with last chapter. I'm debating whether or not to rewrite Chapter 22. What do you guys think? I may keep the same concept, but I just feel like it was rushed almost.

Y/N P.O.V

"Of course!" I smiled as I smiled down at him. "I'm sticking with you until the end! Tsukasa! I'm quite fond of you! You need me, huh? Well! I need you!" I smiled and tilted my head as I pulled him up to stand beside me. I chuckled and poked his forehead. "So~ we'll have to stick together," I teased.

We both stood in silence. The trees blew against the wind as the leaves fell slowly. The sun was slowly hiding away as the sky got darker. Tsukasa slowly took his hand in mine and smirked. "Is that so?~" He chuckled. "You're not leaving me either way," Tsukasa spoke confidently.

"Tommorow night, I'm visiting the cloaked apparition at her rumor. We're going to settle things. I don't want to die. Fate won't take me easily!" I exclaimed. "We'll find a way to mend Fate. We'll spare me and Emilia from this burden," I spoke. Tsukasa bit his lip.

"No!" Tsukasa started as he held my hand tighter. "I don't want you to see her! They only tell you that Fate will take you away from me!" Tsukasa shouted. He quickly grabbed my shoulders and stared at me. "I have too....if you won't accept that...I'll go myself! I didn't have to tell you, but I did!"

"Y/N! I brought you here so you could live! I thought you would like it here. You have a family, friends, Amane's assistant would even stay here with you too!" Tsukasa screamed. His sharp claws only dug deeper into my skin. His breathing started to quicken. "Ahahha-" He let out an airy laugh.

"You almost act like you want Fate to destroy you. You go out and pursue your neering doom....yet you don't show any signs of fear!" He shook his head. I shook my head. "It's not like that. Tsukasa, I only wish to learn more about myself. My end may be coming, but I have to do what I can to learn more. Who knows, there could possibly be a way to stop it," My voice was soft and tender.

His grip seemed to loosen softly. Tsukasa took a shaky breath. The very scent of me was enough to drive him into lust. The thought of being without me, it terrified him...

A small frown crept it's way onto his face. His eyes were hidden by the shadow of his hair as it swayed in the wind. "Staying here would solve it Y/N!" Tsukasa shouted before he quickly averted back to his usual attire and flew off. "Tsukasa! Wait!" I tried to follow after him, but it wasn't like I could jump a tree this tall.

I slowly made my way down the tree and stood in sorrow as I watched him leave. "He almost seemed broken...." I mumbled. "I should get back to the others before they think the worst happened," I sighed.

I walked back to the school grounds to meet an unexpected scene. On top of a building stood Hanako with Yashiro in his arms. Kou stood on the school yard, where I had just previously entered.

"Yashiro...has less than a year to live...."

It was as if my world had come crashing down. "No! You can't mean that! I know that you're Hanako darn it! What is this all about?! Why will Yashiro die in a year?!" I shouted out. Tears threatened to spill and my voice cracked.

Hanako only spared me a sorrowful gaze before vanishing into the night. I wanted to crumble right there. My body started to turn on its own. I ran away...

I ran into the security of the clocktower atop the school. "Aaaaahuuh!" I yelled out. My voice was hoarse. My voice cracked as the tears only continued to flow. "Darn it! Darn it all!" I screamed.

"Yashiro is going to die. Emilia and I are about to fade away from the very world. I don't understand anything and my parents are dead! I was never even supposed to exist!" I cried out.

"All I had was Tsukasa....and now he's left me,"

"They were the only ones...who even acknowledged me. To everyone else....I am but a simple presence.."

"Who made my kitten cry," came the demand. I turned to see Tsukasa. He always had a weird sense of timing. His eyes were dark as he walked over to me. He cupped my cheeks and licked away my tears yet again.

"Aren't you mad at me?" I changed the subject. "I'm upset, sure," Tsukasa replied. He bit his lip. "But you're just so tempting when you're crying~" Tsukasa chuckled. I chuckled playfully. "You're supposed to be upset aren't you?" I teased.

Tsukasa whined. "Kitten! I can't help it when you're so tempting," Tsukasa teased. I sighed softly and cupped his cheeks gently. "Tsukasa, I want to return to our world. Everything here, seems too perfect. I don't want to live in a world where everyone pretends to be something they aren't," I pleaded.

"But, what's so pleasing about that world! Here you can't die! You'll forget about the other world within time anyways!" Tsukasa spoke frantically. "Tsukasa," I stood up and held out my hand for him to take.

"Let's go home together, okay?!"

........

Another chapter! I'm not super satisfied with this one either, but it will be what it will be xD

After all, my writing journey is still starting and I still have a ways to go!><

I'm attempting to make these chapters emotional. Is it working? I can't really tell-