Angelina was doing some house cleaning before she went to get ready for the welcoming party that afternoon when she heard the bell rang at her front door. She ran to the door before the person rang it again. She was afraid of waking Freddie up with the noise. Angelina opened the door, not worrying about the way her hair was all over the place from the cleaning. 

“Alicia!” She greeted, quite surprised her friend was there, since they would be seeing each other later at the Potter Cottage. “Come in! What’s up?”

Alicia Spinnet tried a smile that rapidly faded while the other girl led her to the sitting room, signalizing for her to sit. She was a bit pale and seemed to be bothered by something, looking very distant. 

“So? What’s up?” Angelina repeated trying to catch her friend’s attention.

"Angie, something happened and I'm freaking out!" Alicia started. She looked at her hands and swallowed. Angelina got up from her seat and went to sit down closer to her friend, taking her hands.

"Ali, you're scaring me! What's going on? Are you alright?"

When Alicia was opening her mouth to answer her, George came into the room with someone behind him, chatting cheerfully.

"Hey, Alicia!" George greeted, oblivious to the worry on his wife's face towards the girl. "What a surprise!" But Alicia wasn't paying any attention. She was staring, speechless, to Lee Jordan that had come into the room behind George and had sat down on the armchair closest of her.

"Ali, good to see you!" Lee greeted, with a warm smile.

She returned the smile before turning back to Angelina. "As I was saying," She started, pulling herself together. "I realized I'm out of red lipstick, could I borrow yours?" Angelina immediately agreed, going along with Alicia's lie and summoning her lipstick and handing it to her. "I guess that's all then. Thanks." The girl rose from her seat on a sudden movement. "George, Lee, I'll see you later, yes?"

Both men nodded while Alicia gave Angelina a kiss goodbye, whispering to her ear they would talk later. She headed to the front door, but was followed by Lee, calling out her name.

"Ali! Alicia!" He called out. "Can I have a word?" The girl nodded and they went outside the cottage so no one would overhear it. "I haven't heard from you for weeks, Ali!"

She shrugged, she had been avoiding him. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that, Lee. I’ve- I’ve been busy, you see.“ 

"Look, I know we probably didn't do stuff the way we should've, but I like you, Alicia. Last Christmas and… they were the best weeks I ever had."

"Lee-"

"No, Ali. I know I was quite a jerk and a kid back at school, but deep down I've overgrown that, and you know it. Christmas was not a mistake. Not for me at least. Gimme a chance, please!"

"Lee-" Alicia was once again cut off, this time though Lee had placed his lips on hers. She first gave into him, before returning to reality and pushing him away with a smile that only lasted for a split second. 

"Will you have dinner with me on Valentine's Day?" He proposed. 

Alicia sighed. "Lee, I'm pregnant!"

Lee looked stunned. Surely he hadn't seen that one coming his way. What did she mean? She was pregnant? How does one get pregnant out of one time? They saw each other after Christmas, but decided to get to know each other better, not sleeping together again. He blinked several times, so the information sinked in. He opened and closed his mouth, very much like a goldfish, but didn't find the words. Nevertheless, there was some kind of warmth filling his being and after a few good minutes he realized he was happy. Sure, it wasn't exactly what he planned out for his life. He wasn't married to Alicia, although the thought made him smile, but at least he had a very nice job with George, his own flat and enough stability. Most of all, he actually liked Alicia.