Thirty-One vol.2

Two swords clashed against one, the three ringing in a unison of scraping metal—or whatever mix of alloys made them. The blades divided, sliced and flowed against one another, then advanced once more to ring with the tune of battle.

Within that white space, Rose and Lilias moved in a dance of flurries, the former mostly on the defensive. It was still painfully obvious that the dragonian was a better swordsman, gifted by the heavens themselves perhaps, but Rose stood toe to toe with her, leagues better than she had been within the slums.

Elsa sat, glance fluttering between her two companions, the display on her pad, and the new tattoo of a green tree, etched on her arm. In the end, she decided to lean against a wall, fold her arms, and watch their spar.

"You're stronger, sharper," Lilias spoke as the screeching of blades met once more, "Better than before."

"Naturally," Rose replied, considering it a bygone fact, "I'm always training."

Lilias nodded.

"I wish that were the case for me."

The dragonian took a step away, dodging Rose's blade with the most minimal effort before placing her foot back down and stepping inside in the moment after, swords lashing out. Rose's golden eyes jumped, her weapon blocked one attack, parried the next, and then she was moving, once more, defensive as Lilias's crimson eyes maintained their narrow focus on her.

She could use the sheath of her weapon to alleviate the stress of fighting someone with two blades, but their spar was about swords and swordsmanship, not protective cases. So, she instead thought of the flow of the fight, trying to predict her opponent's next move If she could reach a second into the future, she would win.

"So far as I understand, you're a calculator," Lilias said, "Someone who fights while thinking of every possible thing within the situation. Where will I strike next? You're in the midst of predicting that with every passing second, aren't you? Will my tail lash at you?"

She smiled thinly.

"Don't worry, I won't use it for a spar with blades."

Rose rolled her eyes.

"And I suppose you're a predator, a beast, someone who likes to come in to kill?" She said, eyes tracking the girl's weapon as she parried both and countered, knocking them aside before stepping in, "Though intelligent enough to calculate in your own ways, you prefer instinct to caution, and you like the more brutal, direct, approach of pushing a prey against the wall with your twin swords."

The world blurred as her weapon moved, approaching the girl's neck.

Two swords clashed.

Rose stared at her younger sister with a distinct frown, feeling the weight of the girl's strength against hers, and the cold stare of a girl that was forever prepared for battle. Bianca, on the other hand, deepened the creases in her furrowed brows, holding her weapon with both hands, and standing, teeth gritted, as Rose pushed against her.

'Such a simple mind for someone so intelligent.'

Rose took a step back and the girl shot in, weapon swinging with predictability.

"You should not try and copy me to reach me, Bianca," Rose said, blade crossing through the air, knocking the girl off her balance and stepping in to place her sword at her sister's throat. "You're not reaching your full potential chasing only me."

The usually frigid girl had an expression of shock, wonder, and a tinge of utter respect. She stood, dressed in her padded trainer wear of leather, breathing harsh.