𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕎𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕋𝕠𝕠 𝕊𝕝𝕠𝕨

Parings: Everyone X Reader

Requested by: N/A

Word Count: 1.6k

Summary: They were too slow to asked you out so this is their reactions and how they act around your new partner.

Spoilers: Season 6 for Mack and that's it 🥰

~~~

★•Phil Coulson•★

He just has a stiff smile and tries to be as neutral to your partner as possible. He hates how he wasn't fast enough for you and you went with someone else. But he cared about your happiness, and when he saw you with your new partner, he didn't care about his feelings. Just seeing you smile and your eyes twinkle with delight when you were around them made his heart soar, he just wishes he was the one that made you laugh so much it hurt your throat and chest. He wishes he was the one you were curled up against on the couch when watching movies or talking about missions. But you're happy, and that's all the matters to him.

★•Melinda May•★

She's pissed. She had everything planned out with how she was going to ask you out. She was going to wait to do it on your birthday for your gift. She knew you liked her but what she didn't realise is you also had eyes for your partner who got there a week before her perfectly planned day. She cried for the first time in a long time, she went to her room and just felt numb before crying into a pillow. She never liked your partner, she was always cold with them and never smiled, but you just thought that was May, well, being May. But she was never angry at you. She was always nice, and kept training you and even smiled at you (you told her to smile more because it makes her look pretty). She smiled more often but anytime she saw your partner, her face would turn back to emotionless. She was just upset she was too slow, but she was happy that you found someone who made you happy and she has to accept your partner.

★•Grant Ward•★

He's jealous and pissed. He kept postponing those days to ask you out when it was Fitz and May would convince him to do it. They helped him pick out flowers and even chocolates/sweets. He was all prepared and went to find you but saw you with someone else. And you two both kissed, unaware of his presence. He wanted to think it was just a little hookup but you announced the following day you were together. He was so angry that he was late because that could've been. He could've been the one bracketing you in a hug while everyone complained about S.H.E.I.L.D. He could've been the one snuggling in bed with you, but he was just too scared. He was nasty to your partner, never looking at them in the eye or just ignoring him or isolating him from conversations. He was so jealous of you two, he watched you guys hug/kiss in the common rooms with a snarl while everyone joked for you two to get a room.

★•Lance Hunter•★

He was disappointed. You came to him with the news and you were so excited you were in a relationship with this person, it was hard for him to be happy for you. He kept calling it off but was going to ask you soon, but then you got with someone else...someone...better. You were squealing with joy and going on about how much you loved your partner and he just smiled and nodded, feeling that numb feeling. He was always nice to your other partner but behind closed doors, he had a serious hatred for them, always trying the voodoo stuff Trip got him as joke when he got him for Secret Santa a couple of years ago. He never stopped liking you, always kept in close contact and always sending you funny memes, but he did leave the group chat when you added your partner in it.

★•Daisy Johnson•★

She was upset. She was so sad she was too slow. It was hard to keep her powers contained as she kept having outbreaks. She was going to ask you and went to find you but you went to find her to tell her about your new relationship. Her smile fell and she looked away, holding back tears. You asked what was wrong but she wiped away the tears, playing it off and saying they were fake laughing tears because it took you long enough to get in a relationship. Coulson was the chosen one to listen to her angrily vent about you and your partner, how she was so close yet so far. She was always nice though, always smiled brightly and talked to your partner and making sure that they were making you happy and looking out for your well-being. Instead of being your lover, she became your over-protective sister.

★•Leopold Fitz•★

He was shocked, hurt and confused. He didn't understand how you met your partner or why you went with them. Jemma had to remind him that he was the one who kept calling it off and it wasn't expected of you to wait. He also kicked himself for that and hated your partner more than the Darkhold. He would always mock what they said once you both left causing Jemma to snigger. Though, he spent days crying until he was just completely numb and he was just dragging himself through the base. But whenever he saw you alone, he would eagerly talk to you and be your best friend and it was Jemma who gave him the look of sorrow. He was in so much pain, it radiated into her. She wanted to comfort him but he always brushed her off. He didn't like how your partner touched you, it should've been him. He should be the one sharing sweet kisses with you while talking about anything. But now he's alone, with just Jemma trying to console him while you were clueless about the pain you have given him.

★•Jemma Simmons•★

She acted as though nothing happened. But she was horrified when Yo-Yo told her the news. Elena had been helping her with getting with you for ages, they planned a date night for you two at your favourite restaurant and got you little gifts. When Yo-Yo sped into the lab to tell the news, Fitz was gobsmacked and yelled in shock while Simmons just looked out of the lab, heartbroken. She felt nothing. But it was as soon as she looked out the lab is when your partner and you were holding hands and talking together excitedly. She had dreams that you would touch her softly but that was quickly demolished. She never changed though, she kept on her smile though if your partner was with you, it was a fake smile. She kept talking excitedly and tried to include your partner but she didn't like them. She just smiled and waved, trying to be supportive.

★•Mack•★

Being the new director meant he barely had any spare time but he always made time for you. He was devastated and also disappointed when he found out. He, however, was very open about his dislike of your partner. He kept saying how they weren't good enough for you or how they weren't 'your type'. He didn't make much eye contact with you and didn't talk to you as much. He didn't want to be mean, but he couldn't bare to talk to you, knowing there's going to be no chance of being with you. He wanted to continue being your friend but he only talked to you about missions or his dislike of your partner. He was going to make one of his random conversations with you his confession but that conversation was never going to happen so he couldn't talk to you knowing that the one and the only conversation that was going to make him happy was completely gone.

★•Yo-Yo•★

She was just like Coulson. She tried to stay neutral and always had a stiff smile but wanted to see you happy. She cared about you and your well-being but she wanted to be the person that made you happy. She wanted the one to die for, to run around the world for you. She wanted to be the one to lay down her life for you, and even though you're with someone else, she would still lay down her life for you. Just because you're with someone else, it doesn't lessen her affection, her admiration or her love for you. She would still go shopping with you and go on missions with you, she just was heartbroken that she wasn't going out shopping with you as your girlfriend.

★•Robbie Reyes•★

He was angry. Pissed. Jealous. Name it and it was probably him. When being the Ghost Rider, it's hard to let people in. But he let you in, he loved how you comforted him but then you got with someone else. Yes, he didn't make any move to make it seem as though he was going to ask you out, but he did take you on late-night rides in his Charger, he introduce you to Gabe and called you things like 'Chica' or 'Mi amour'. You didn't know what they meant but you knew it was affection. But he was too slow and scared to ask you out. But once Daisy told him the news, he went excessively angry. He kicked things, broke things, broke his hand from punching the wall then spent days on end riding his Charger or laying in his bed, upset. His anger melted to sadness when he spent ages crying from his stupidity and slowness. That sadness turned into regret. He then tried to normalise things, started talking to you as usual but he got upset when you no longer took late-night trips with him in the Charger because you were busy with your partner. He had that sad, kicked puppy face every time you declined. He kept asking about your lover, making sure your partner was doing everything right. He also approached your partner without your knowledge and showed them who deal with them if they hurt you. But he always tried his best to be supportive.