Seven: All About Balanced Diets

Comincia dall'inizio

He looked at me blankly, silent for a second, before shoving a sticky note in my hands, "You buy this. Now."

"Fuck you, I'm not taking orders from you!"

"You want me to go with you?" He asked annoyed, meaning to belittle me with his words.

"..."

"Yeah, kinda."

"What?!"

"I DON'T LIKE TALKING TO CASHIERS, OKAY?"

"WHAT ARE YOU? FIVE???"

I still cant believe that he actually went with me.

The fucking nerd was putting all kinds of healthy stuff inside the shopping cart he was pushing in front of him, reminding me awfully much of my mom, especially when he reached inside the cart to take out the unhealthy junk I kept throwing inside.

"C'mon Broccoli, balanced diet and stuff." I pouted, throwing in a bag of Doritos.

"No." He had been looking about ready to burst for a while now, probably just holding back because we were in a public space, "Also... Broccoli?"

I pointed at the vegetable I just named him after, "That's Broccoli."

"I- I know what broccoli is, dipshit."

"Then why're you asking?"

He glared me down darkly, before looking back at the shopping cart to throw my Doritos back out.

"No-!" That was truly upsetting.

"How can you afford all that stuff anyways?" He waved at the over-filled cart.

"You pay me rent, remember?" I grinned up at him, dodging his elbow.

"Now I do, yes. But, like, how can you afford a place like that all by yourself? You're a damn student."

Weeeeell-- you see-

He grimaced, "Ya' parents paying for their little princess, or what?"

A tiny flash of anger ran hot through my body, "Can you please stop assuming that I'm living off my parents? I am not."

He shrugged, "What else am I supposed to believe?"

I scowled at him, fisting the fabric of my worn out cardigan, "I have a job." I answered shortly.

Ah, shit, curse my loose mouth-

"Yeah, right." He snorted, "A job. You barely leave the house outside of uni."

"I work from home." I muttered quickly. Well, at least it wasn't a lie.

"Hmmm?" He cocked a brow, pushing the cart towards the counter, "And what do you work as?"

For a moment, his question left me floating, my usual unspecific answers not an option since Jungkook fucking lived with me and would either notice if I was lying or start pricking further.

So I did the best thing I could think of and went on the offensive, "Why do I always have to tell you everything about me, though you never talk about yourself?!"

He raised his eyebrows surprised, "Well, it's 'cause I didn't think you'd be interested..."

Ha, I really wasn't but that was a good excuse.

"It's just fair." I grumbled, placing the unholy amount of fruits and vegetables (and the one pack of donuts I managed to sneak in) onto the counter .

"Ah, well," I seemed to really having caught him off guard there, if the blush around his cheeks was anything to go by, "I'm a law student, I-I really love photography, I come from a shitty authoritarian household and I like ice coffee?"

"Photography, huh?" I repeated, just trying to stray further away from the topic 'Y/N's job'.

"Y-Yeah. And, like, filming n' stuff."

I looked at him, noticing the way he was staring down at me as if my following reaction meant the world to him, "Jeez you don't get asked about your interests often, do you?"

His tensed shoulder slumped down and he chuckled bitterly, "No, I guess not."

"You got really excited there."

"Shut up."

"I'm not wrong tho."

He threw my  donuts at me.

___

she almost got caught

xx