17

RYUJIN

"i thought you're in thailand?" i asked and looked up to her 'cause girl, she's so tall.

i hate my height, really.

lisa placed the two buckets of milk-flavored ice cream in the basket before answering me,

"well my parents sent me back in seoul to do some business but because i'm angry at them, i decided to have a vacation here in jeju instead of working." she explained.

i deeply sigh, "my parents are in thailand right now and i think they are doing a meeting again."

she nodded and also sigh deeply, "i know. that's why my mom sent me back here."

argh, i hate my parents!

"can we talk somewhere else?" i asked politely.

she looked at her wristwatch, "20 minutes is good?"

i nodded. i then took 3 buckets of ice cream and we went to the cashier.

to be honest, i don't know lisa personally. i don't have any idea about her personal life. i only know her full name and her family's company. same with her, she doesn't know my personal life.

soon, we are now at a café near the grocery store. we ordered the same drink which is the red velvet frappe. we are sitting across from each other.

"what's the update?" i asked and took a sip of the drink.

"still the same. no progress." lisa breath out and i can see her disappointment look.

"so..." i paused.. "you are still my.."

i let out a deep sigh,  "fiancé?"

lisa shut her eyes and gulped, "sadly, yes." she breathes out.

-

"are you for real?!" i yelled to my mom as i threw the arrangement papers on the ground.

"your brother can't do it since he already has his own company. also, mrs. manoban told me that her daughter likes girls too." my mom explained and held my arm but i avoided her touch.

i shook my head, "i will never marry a person that i don't even know." my pulse is rising because of the anger that runs through my veins.

"please, ryujin, it's for the company. merging our business with them can---"

i slammed my hands on the desk, "fuck this! it's all about the goddamn company!" i shout.

"ryujin, your mouth." my dad suddenly uttered.

i ran my hands through my hair in frustration, "i can't believe you're going to do this stupid thing!"

"whether you like it or not, she's already your fiancé." my mom said sternly.

i gave her a deadly glare, "i will NOT."

"she's on the way here together with her parents. and you're going with their daughter in jeju tomorrow so that you can spend time with her." my mom stated and they left the office before i could utter a word.

i can't believe this is happening.

(in jeju island..)

"no offense.. you're beautiful and.. hot but." i paused, "but i can't imagine myself being with you." i said while opening another bottle of beer.

"none taken." lisa chuckles, "we are on the same page right now." she said as she gulped her beer.

"i don't agree with this arrangement shit." she added.