|12|

The God whispered ever so quietly, "It's okay my love"

The God swooped down from the sky. His hands outstretch to catch the falling body. He knew it if he could get to him, but he would still be alive. All he had to do was catch him. But with second that passed, the God felt something he has never felt before.

Utter, cold dread. Slowly dripping into his mind like trickling water. Time passed, and no matter how much he pushed himself there was always this gap that he couldn't cover. Yoongi was away from his reach like he always has been.

"No!" The God screamed as he saw Yoongi's body approaching the surface. He had spent years watching after him, and had always wanted to meet him in his true form. But he never expected it to be like this. He used all of his strength to increase his speed. He hoped to catch him before it was too late. No, he needed to save Yoongi at all cost. And just when Yoongi was less than a hundred feet above the ground, The God was finally able to cover the gap. He grabbed onto Yoongi's ankle and pulled him upwards. But it was too late. They were too close, and falling down too fast for the God to push their bodies back upwards.

So instead, the God ceased the flow of all his godly powers to prevent the other from burning in his presence, and pulled Yoongi closer to himself. Then, he swiftly turned them around right before they hit the ground. The God cried out in pain as his wings hit the surface. He heard the sickening crunch of the wing's breaking. Their bodies bouncing off the surface like rag dolls. But nevertheless, the God held onto Yoongi tightly. But without his powers, the pain grew too much for him, and Yoongi slipped out of his grip.

But by then, they had almost come to a stop. The God rolled off, and stopped a few feet away from Yoongi. He quickly pushed himself on the ground and looked towards Yoongi. A horrified scream falling out of his mouth. He rushed forward towards him, and pulled him in his arms. He cradled the body in his arms.

Feeling emotions he had never felt before.

Fear, and pain tugged at his heart. Almost as if he was being torn apart from the inside.

"No, no, no, no you weren't supposed to do this." The God frantically spoke, shaking Yoongi's body. He leaned down and pressed his ears against Yoongi's chest. A cold, painful sensation filling his body when he couldn't hear any heartbeat.

He placed his hands on Yoongi's chest, and let a little bit of his powers flow. But it wasn't enough. Yoongi wasn't born of the sun, he couldn't save him. Or heal his injuries. Only the Goddess of Moon could.

"No, no, no, please." The God whispered, holding Yoongi's body close to himself. He couldn't make himself believe that the first time he was able to touch the person who had stolen his heart was at his death. He had desired for years to be able to get close to Yoongi as who he was. And the first time he could, was when he was holding his dying body. He screamed for the Goddess to help him. To save Yoongi.