|1|

They saw his wings melt

Yoongi stepped a little closer to the window. His eyes were on the vastness of the sky. A solemn sigh tumbling off his pink lips. Raising his hand towards the window, he felt the warmth graze on his skin. And then he felt the pain. His skin burning red. Quickly, he retracted his hand away. Cradling it with his other hand. The coolness of the damp, and dark room soothed the pain. He looked at his redden hand. His finger raw, and numb. But the lingering warmth of the yellow rays made his chest swarm with yearning passion. 

Footsteps came up to his room, and he stepped away from the window; pushing the window shutter close. A few seconds later he was joined by his friend in the room. The moment the man walked in, he knew what Yoongi must have been doing before he came. A sympathetic look forming on his face. His lips curving up into a woeful smile. 

Yoongi curled up his hand and looked away, "Did you need me?"

His friend, shook his head and composed himself, "Taehyung is looking for you."

Yoongi nodded, and waved his hand as a motion to ask his friend to leave. But just as the man turned to exit the room, he called for his name. 

"Namjoon!"

"Yes?"

"That...that design... will it function?"

Namjoon pressed his lips together in a thin line and sighed once again. He knew the answer. The design was entirely perfect. Not a single flaw. But at the same time, he knew it was fatal. One mistake and Yoongi could loose his life. Yet, he couldn't lie to his friend any longer. And so, with a heavy heart, he answered, "Yes. It will."

Yoongi couldn't help but let his lips show the elated emotion inside of him. The sole idea of his design function, and making his dream come true filled him with an euphoric emotion. Unable to resist the urge, he moved forward and wrapped his arms around his friend. Namjoon tensed at first, but soon relaxed into his arm. 

But while Yoongi was elated, he wasn't. 

Pain, and ache bloomed at his chest. He buried his face into Yoongi's nape, and took in a deep breath. Tears stinging his eyes, but he couldn't cry. This is the happiest he has ever seen Yoongi. And he couldn't make himself to take it away. 

"Must you do this?" Namjoon asked in a soft voice, "We aren't meant for it."

Yoongi frowned a little, and stepped back. A expression of confusion, and hurt on his face, "You know how much this means to me. Why do you doubt it?"

Namjoon bit the inside of his cheek. Seeing such expression on his friend's face, made his chest ache more. So, with a slight nodded, he forced a smile, "I do not doubt it. I just need to know, if you are confident of your decision."