|11|

As he was cradled safely in arms

It must have been weeks, or maybe an entire month since Jimin had left. Yoongi wasn't keep count anymore. He had lost all sense of time. Drowning his entire being into his work. Because he feared, if he didn't keep himself occupied, he would break down beyond any repair. And he couldn't make his friends worry about him. 

The day Jimin left, after coming back home, Yoongi was surprised by himself for he hadn't shed any tears. In fact, he realized, he didn't feel like crying at all. There was no lumping clogged in his throat, or restriction in chest. He was confused. He knew he should be crying, and yet he didn't feel a bit of pain. 

When he came back home, he wasn't sure of the expression he wore on his face, but it seemed to surprise his friends greatly. He knew Namjoon, and Jungkook were itching to ask him something, to say something, but eventually none of them uttered anything. And Yoongi didn't bother questioning their reactions either. He quietly walked up to his room, and locked himself in for the rest of the day. 

The next day, Namjoon did manage to ask him a question. 

"What happened?" Was what he had asked. Yoongi thought if he answered it, maybe he would feeling something. But even then, the answer weightlessly rolled of his tongue like just another wispy breath. 

"Jimin went back home."

Namjoon seemed to understand the gravity of the situation. Yoongi had talked about the sub born enough for both Jungkook and Namjoon to know him well by now. They knew how much the blond male had come to mean so much for the moonborn. 

"How are you feeling about it?" Namjoon asked then. Though, Yoongi doubted that the dimple male already knew the answer to it. There was only one answer to the question anyways. That was what Namjoon had been thinking. And so when he heard the mooborn's answer, he was thoroughly taken aback. 

"I don't know." Yoongi mumbled. He tilted his head and turned to Namjoon, "I should be hurting, shouldn't I?" His eyebrows furrowed together, "It's only natural for me to be hurting. Jimin... he-he meant a lot to me, and now- now he's gone. It-It should be hurting shouldn't it?"

Namjoon let out a sigh, and nod, "Hmm, it should."

"But it doesn't hurt." Yoongi muttered. His voice didn't hold any emotions and sounded eerily... hollow. The moonborn paused for a moment, almost as if he was thinking. And then he looked up to the other, surprising Namjoon even further when he held a soft smile on his lips. 

"I suppose... my mind just hadn't grasped the reality yet."

Namjoon opened his mouth to say something, but at the last moment he realized, he didn't what to say in return. This wasn't one of the moments when Yoongi was deliberately hiding how he was feeling. His eyes were truly empty and his voice hollow.