|2|

And his body turn to ash.

Yoongi furrowed in brows in frustration at the glare of the run rays. His cape was doing little to shade him. But he needed to extract the rubber from the tree. The sun was strong as of today, and he wanted nothing more than to hide. Even beneath the cloth, he could feel his skin ablaze. He glanced at Namjoon was helping him in the process. He looked relatively unaffected, but it was expected. He was born at dusk. The time when the day meets the night. 

Yoongi had lost count of the times he wished he was born at dusk or dawn, if not of the day, instead of the night. At least, to some extent, he would've been able to tolerate the sun rays. 

Yoongi groaned as the intensity of the rays increased. It was getting pretty much impossible for him to stay out any longer. Even if his entire body was covered from top to toe, it felt as if someone was burning him alive.

"Let's head back," Namjoon spoke up, seeing his distress, "We can some other time."

"But it'll delay the project!" Yoongi cried. 

Namjoon sighed and shook his head, "Your are more important, Yoongi. The project will not go anywhere. But if you are not in well health, you will not be able to complete it."

At that, Yoongi paused and looked at his friend. Slumping his shoulders, he gave in. With a defeated sigh, he nodded and headed back to the comfort of his house. Glancing towards the blue sky once last time before entering inside and closing the door. 

 --♠--

Yoongi complained as he stared at the window. The sun was muted today. Hidden behind clouds. All he got to saw was slight peaks of its burning glory. But at the same time, he was delighted to be able to bask in the silent warmth of the sun. It was cold, not warm. But to him, it felt delightful. He wished to look at the sun. To look at him, as a sun-born could, but he knew he couldn't. So, even if he yearned, he never looked. 

Content, he turned back to his work. Hours, after hours. His hands and fingers moving with utmost delicacy. He could not afford a mistake, or a flaw. He could not afford to delay any longer. The desire, and passion was burning him from the inside. He couldn't wait any longer. It was getting harder each day. 

He worked until he couldn't anymore before stopping. He looked up and outside the window once again. His eyes widening when his sight was met with a vast fiery sky. Child-like excitement filled his heart as he rushed out of the room. With hurried steps, he ran up the cold stone staircase and to the roof. 

Gently, he pushed the door open, and peeked outside. He wasn't sure if he should step outside but he wanted to. Taking the slight risk, he held his hand out. It stung and it burned, but it was bearable. So, without any seconds thoughts, Yoongi stepped outside. Flinching when the evening rays hit his skin.