Chapter 20-football

Start from the beginning

So much for sleeping in

{~}

An hour later I'm dressed in a random hoodie and some jeans. My hairs in a messy bun and I opted out on makeup. That and I didn't have time since Ella woke up right after I got dressed and had a meltdown.

I finally calmed her down, fed her and changed her diaper before changing her into some overalls and a pink shirt underneath. While tying her hair into 2 brown, curly pig tales I hear the front door open.

"Hey, hey" Miles chirps meeting me in the kitchen. "There's my gorgeous girl"

"Why thank you" I reply sarcastically knowing he was taking to Ella, who he'd scooped up in his arms.

"I thought I said not to look homeless" he scans my outfits. I give him a plain look so he surrenders "fine, you ready to go?"

"Where are we even going that is so important you dragged me out of bed at an unholy time" I grumble, placing Ellas diaper bag in the top of her stroller then buckling her in the front.

"We're having a Miles and Mars day!" His statement brings a smile to my face.

We used to have what we called "miles and Mars days" at least ones every two weeks. We'd just do random stuff together. He said he wanted to make sure I always knew that even if he hangs out with the boys a lot he still cared about me.

He was a genius at 9 years old.

"And I woke you up at 10am" he deadpans,helping me carry the stroller down the porch steps.

"Okay, I guess this is a worthy cause." I admit while we start walking down the street. We pass Suzy, the local flower shop owner, dropping off a delivery.

" 'morning kiddos" she waves as we walk past.

"Morning Suzy" Miles and I both reply before continuing to walk.

"How's college applications going?" I ask him, letting the cool air brush my skin. The smell of fall was in the air.

It was probably just the pumpkin spice muffins the bakery makes this time of year but still.

"Long" he groans earning a small giggle from me. He goes into a story about one of his applications deleting and basically having a breakdown. "Now, what's been up with you?"

"Nothing much" I shrug not meeting his eyes. He always has a way of pulling the truth out of me and once glance at him will have me spilling all my guts.

"Mhm, what about the truth." He nudges my shoulder with a small chuckle. "Like why you've been oddly quiet the past couple days"

I made a mistake. I looked at Miles and then I caved.

"Cam and I are fighting" I tell him, feeling a rock on the sidewalk bump the stroller.

"But you guys fight all the time" He says with a confused expression.

"Not like our other fights, this ones bad." I take a deep breath. We stop at a bench, sitting down. Ella faces us in her stroller, playing with her toys.