- Hoodie -

??? POV

I smirked in glee as the idiot ran at me once more, it was easy to avoid his attack and kick him in the back, he fell to the ground. I tugged on my hoodie a bit, tilting my head at him.

"You done yet?" I ask him. He jumps back up on his feet in a single swift motion, turning to me again, shaking his head and laughing.

"Am I done? I can't be done until your backup comes or you're dust. One of the two and I don't see any backup for you here. The people here would be stupid to think they could stop me." He swings his bat in a playful way, keeping eye contact with me. "Although, I will admit...you're fun to fight. Strong for someone who ran away from the King of Negative feelings himself."

"I know that. You don't have to spew facts I'm fully aware of. I ran away from the asshole because I don't want to be apart of that," I tell him.

"Funny considering which AU you come from. Violence is all your people think about!" He yells, I noticed two figures running at us, full speed. One of them looked...familiar...

Like I knew him so well, his hood was in his face, though, so, I didn't get the best look at him. It was so fast, they both were. One of them, I had no clue who he was, grabbed me and slammed me to the ground in one movement. The other pinned down the idiot I was fighting, Scoundrel.

I was on the ground, pinned down, keeping me in place, unable to move. I glanced up at him. He looked like a damn cow, not going to lie. He looked stupid.

"So, Epic, what are we going to do with these two?" Cow asked.

Epic...? As in-

He turned around, smiling at the cow looking one, a faint blush across his face before he spoke, "I think we should throw Scoundrel the hell outta my AU and take that one back to our place. He doesn't seem to want anything to do with Nightmare, so, they should be okay!" Epic says, beaming at the other one. "You can let him go, Cross. I think it'll be okay."

Cross? That must be the cow. He got off me, holding out his hand to me. I grabbed it and he helped me up, I saw a flash of jealousy in Epic's eyelights before he turned to Scoundrel, forcing him to his feet and throwing him through a portal.

Epic waved to Scoundrel who growled and cursed a storm at Epic. Epic closed the portal and turned to Cross and I. I stayed still, not wanting to cause trouble. I hadn't noticed we were fighting in Epic's AU...EpicTale? I hadn't even known it existed until a few days ago when Scoundrel first fought me here.

"This way." Cross says, pointing in the direction they came from and leading the way with Epic right beside him. I walked behind them both, following close behind.

We got a house which on the outside didn't look like much, but, once they opened the door, I was a little shocked, it was gorgeous to say the least. I mean, seriously, they had good taste.

Epic smiled at me, "So, who are you?" He asks me. I remembered I hadn't taken down my hood.

"Well, before you freak out, you already know me, Epic," I tell him. He nods a little bit.

"Ok...?" He says.

"I got away from Nightmare and I've been on the run since, but, you- You seem to have established a...a safe place. How did you do it? Does Nightmare not chase you?"

". . ."

Epic did not respond to that.

"I won't let Nightmare hurt you, Epic..." Cross gently reminded Epic, hugging him slightly. Epic nods a bit.

"I'm- I'm not free of Nightmare, actually..." Epic starts, "I owe him a few things...I have a debt to repay to him. I couldn't run from him if I tried. He's immortal, how can you possibly survive that? I don't try anymore, honestly, and it's not like he asks me to kill someone. I would never do that. I'm...I'm not a star but I'm not a bad guy, either. I guess neutral is the right word?"

"Neutral?" I ask him, he nods. "Alright...well. It's been good to talk to you again, Epic, but, I'll get you in trouble if I'm here for much longer, Scoundrel heard your plans, if I stay here and Nightmare comes...well, I don't want trouble for you. Feel free to call me anytime though. I'm not dead, you know?" I tease, turning and opening the door.

"Wait-" Epic says. I glance over my shoulder. "Who are you?"

I open the door, walking out, he follows quickly, I teleported a distance away before turning back to him, pulling down my hood. He stops.

"You're-" He cuts himself off, I nod to him.

"Cya later, Epic! It was nice to talk to you again, I think I'll become a neutral like you!" I yell at him, he smiles at me, waving as I teleported away to yet another AU.

Epic POV

"So, who was that?" Cross asks me, as I enter the house, shutting the door once more.

"That? He was UnFresh. Basically an AU of Fresh, but, UnderFell version. I call him Edgy, though," I tell Cross. "We knew each other a few years ago, I thought Nightmare killed him after I escaped him though. I suppose he got out too...I'm glad he did," I say, smiling.

Cross folded his arms across his chest in a jealous manner. I scoff.

"Geez, you know nobody could replace you, right, stupid?" I ask him, teasingly. He glares playfully.

"Oh yeah? What was with the jealous look earlier then?"

"W-What?" I ask, embarrassed. "I wasn't jealous!" I snap at him, pushing him gently.

"Yes you were~!" He chimes, laughing.

"Shut up!" I tell him, joking. He laughs some more before following me.