♥️ - Tugging At My Heart - ♥️

MY AU: NONE OF THE FOLLOWING CONTENT IS CANON.

||||| Epic : 22 ||||| Cross : 25 ||||| Dream : 24 ||||| Killer : 21 ||||| Outer : 20 ||||| Nightmare : 24 ||||| Ink : 27 ||||| Error : 23 |||| Blueberry : 24 |||||

Please, be aware, this chapter will contain the following: Minor Cursing, implied ships (NightKiller - Nightmare x Killer, Bitter - Bird x Outer), and drama.

Cross POV

I woke up the next morning, to some random movie playing, I hadn't a clue what we were watching, I hardly remembered, I just know that the last movie I remember was a horror movie and Epic was terrified. I chuckled, before glancing to my best friend, Epic, who was leaning against me slightly, my arm was around him, he was fast asleep. I smiled. He was adorable, wasn't he?

I didn't want to move, so, I grabbed the remote and switched through the channels on TV, flipping to some random show, which seemed funny, and decided to watch it.

I must've been sitting there for about an hour, watching the show. Epic stirred, yawning. I glanced down at him.

He looks up at me and his eyes shot open, he practically panicked as he sat up, off of me.

"S-Sorry!" He says, looking away, flustered.

My face heated up and I coughed. "It's alright...really, I don't mind."

He nods, standing up. "Um, I'm going to go change..." He says, running up the stairs, without waiting for my response. I heard his door shut and a thud.

"Epic?" I call after him.

"I'm fine!" He shouts back. I chuckle slightly, turning back to the show.

Epic POV

I ran up the steps, nearly losing my footing and into my room, shutting the door and then turning around too quickly, I tripped over my boots, which I had left beside the door yesterday. I fell to the floor.

"Epic?" Cross called.

"I'm fine!" I shout, far too quickly to not be suspicious. I sigh, lying on the floor, kicking my boots away, into the corner of the room. At least my floor was carpeted. I stared up at the ceiling. I cannot believe I was sleeping on him! I'm so dumb! He just got out of a break-up!

He did say he didn't mind it though...

I pushed that thought from mind as I stood and quickly changed and pulled on my boots, heading downstairs. Cross had already changed and he smiled at me. I smiled back.

Don't be weird about it. He's your best friend. There's no need to be weird about it.

It was as friends...

We're friends.

I had to keep repeating this in my head, over and over.

"Hey, Epic? Did you hear me?" Cross asks, I snap out of my trance.

"H-Huh? S-Sorry, bruh, I was...uh...d-distracted. What did you say?" I ask him.