A Little Sick

||||| Epic : 22 ||||| Cross : 25 ||||| Dream : 24 ||||| Killer : 21 ||||| Outer : 20 ||||| Nightmare : 24 |||||

Cross POV

Epic agreed to taking it easy all day, so, that's what we did. I was glad he agreed to it. I really do hate seeing him in pain or seeing him sick. Right now we were cuddling on the couch, I had closed all the curtains and turned off the lights, his headache wasn't getting any better and he got these spikes of pain randomly, even with two types of medicine. If it got really bad, I would have to call someone for help.

He was starting to fall asleep, but, he was really fighting it off. I sighed.

"You know I'm not leaving you, even if you fall asleep, right? I'll be right here, I promise." I tell him. He shakes his head a little.

"No...d-don't wanna..." His voice trails off. I pull him closer to me.

"Come on, Epic, you're sick. Trust me, will you?" I whisper, remembering his headache. "Plus, if you're asleep, you won't have that skull splitting headache for a bit." I remind him.

"No but..." He let his eyes slip close, more than likely with no intentions of sleep, I stayed quiet and after a moment, he had fallen asleep. I smiled a bit, my best friend was just the cutest thing.

. . .

I never liked those words.

"Best Friend."

Not between me and Epic, at least.

. . .

'He doesn't like me.'

I must've told myself that a million times, that there was no way in the world he saw me as anything more than just a friend to him. I was...not okay with that, but, he's my world. I would never want to upset him or anything. My main intention is to simply find out whether he loves me or not. I'm too much of a coward to do that, however.

I eventually dozed off, thinking of his possible reaction. I couldn't help but wonder.

. . .

I snapped awake from a dream that was no more than a distant memory now. Epic was sitting in my lap, like he had been when I fell asleep, he was breathing harshly though.

"Epic? Hey, hey..." I said, trying to soothe him. I made him look up at me, he was crying, he flinched at my movement. "Hey...What's wrong?" I ask him, concerned. He gasped, grabbing his head in a sudden movement. "Oh stars-!"

I quickly grabbed my phone, calling the one person I knew could fix this.

"Ugh...Do you know what time it is...?" He groggily asks me, over the phone.

"No?" I offer, "That's not important! I need your help!"

"Can it not wait until morning? It's literally midnight, Cross..."

"No! Something's wrong with Epic! I- I don't know what's wrong! His headache...I- I don't know!" I whisper-shout at Sci.

"What? What do you mean, 'headache'? I know a normal migraine or headache wouldn't cause you to call me...ever. So, can you FaceTime me?" Sci asks me.

I quickly do as he says, Epic was still clutching his head, tears pricked his eyes even more. Sci picked up.

"Woah..." Sci mutters, seeing Epic. "Damn, I've never seen him like this."

"I know!" I snap at him. "Sorry..." I mutter after a moment.

"Right, sorry, Epic, can you please tell me what's wrong?" Sci asks.

Epic grabs onto me, hiding his face from the light, snuggling into my jacket.

"Right...The light," I say, "He won't look at any lights. Natural or not," I inform Sci. "Hey, Epic, do you think you can tell me how bad it hurts? Maybe on a scale of one to ten? Ten being the worst."

"Nine-" Epic manages to whisper. "It hurts!"

"I know, I know...I'm sorry," I whisper to him, "It's alright."

"What did he say? I can't hear him." Sci asks me, his voice quieter than before.

"Nine, he's in serious pain." I tell Sci.

Epic suddenly jolts, "S-Stop-" He whines.

"Stop? Stop what? Epic?" I look at him, he shakes his head.

"Make it stop, Cross-"

I hold him tighter, more of a protective way, "I'm working on it. I'll help you."

"Hey, read the screen. You want his pain to subside then this is the way, for now." Sci tells me, I turn to the phone, freezing.

"You want me to..." I mutter, sighing. "Epic, stay still, please..."

"C-Cross?" He asks.

"Stay still."

"W-Why? Cross!" He struggles away from me.

I grab his wrists. "Do you trust me?" I ask him. He stops, god-

...he looked...amazing...

I could kiss him.

How badly I wanted to.

But, I needed to help him first.

"Y-Yes..." Epic says.

"Alright, then, close your eyes and trust me," I tell him.

"I'm ready for you, Cross." Sci says from the phone behind me. I hang up and teleport Epic and I to Sci, who quickly grabs Epic, blindfolding him.

"Can you see through it?" Sci asks. Epic shakes his head. "Good, come on."

I lead Epic very carefully to where Sci ordered me to.

"Okay, now get out!" Sci shoos me out of the room. I was stuck waiting until he was done with- Whatever it is he does.

I let myself doze off once more...