Chapter 12: The final battle

Lloyd's Pov.

Today was the day. The day that me, the ninja, and 6 members of the Zodiac Sign took down my father, and save the rest of the members. Since my father's attack hasn't happened yet, nor has his evil plans been spread on the news, me and the team have been resting at the temple. However, aside from the battle, a certain someone has been on my mind. Y/N. Although Virgo gave me good advice, I wasn't sure if I had the guts to tell her how I felt, let alone if she felt the same way I did.

Would now even be a good time to tell her? What if we don't make it? What if she leaves if we do make it? Aaah, why can't I just make up my mind?!

"Lloyd? Is everything going alright?"

Speak of the angel.

"U-Uh, yeah, e-everything's going just fine," I said, making eye contact with y/n.

"You sure? You've been mumbling to yourself for the past half-hour," she said, causing me to smack my hand over my mouth.

I-I was? D-Did she make out what I said? Aah, I'm such an embarrassment!

"Y-Yeah, really, I'm fine. I just got a lot on my mind."

"I understood how you feel. I may not know what it feels like to have to fight your father, but I do know what it's like to loose one. But I do know that we can win. It will be a tough and scary battle, but all we can really do is hope," she said, with a sad smile.

Badump

Not now damn heart! This moment is too depressing for me to feel butterflies!

"Thanks, y/n. Um, if you don't mind me asking....., have you decided what to do, if we were to win this battle? Would you go on your own, or stick with us?," I said, catching her off guard.

"Well......, I've always planned on adventuring out on my own, let alone how I'd decide to use my powers......, but, after meeting you guys....., I decided to stick around for a while longer. If that's okay.....?," she said, fiddling with her fingers.

"R-Really? You'd stay with us?"

"Of course. Traveling alone doesn't seem as much fun as watching you all act silly," she said, with a chuckle.

"Haha, true."

Badump

I can't believe she's actually going to stick around. In that case, should I really confess my feelings? Just in case if we don't make it? It would hurt if I were to be rejected, but....

"Y/N? I-I.....-----"

BOOM!!!

At that moment, a loud explosion was heard near town, as a thick cloud of smoke flew into the air. Just at that moment, the news came on, telling us all that's going on in Ninjago City.

"I'm here live in Ninjago City
to show you all today's destructive
villians. It looks like Lord Garmadon had returned once more with what seems like six
very powerful and magical
people. The question we all must
be thinking right now though is:
'Where are the ninja?'Stick around of you wish to know how this all ends."