𝙔𝙪𝙠𝙤𝙣 𝙎𝙞𝙡𝙫𝙚𝙧

Drip. Drop. Drip. Drop. 

"Wake up!" The sound echoes through the room, bouncing off of the mirror towards the bedsheets, messily arranged and pushed to the corner of her bedframe.

She half opens one of her eyelids to see a small shadow standing at her door, with a toy megaphone in his hand. She closes her eyes again.

"Wake. Up! It's breakfast!" She feels the megaphone touch her ear and immediately gets up before Holden has a chance to ruin her eardrums, sitting up in her bed but only with one eye opened. She manages to open both eyes, clearing out the rheum in the corner of her eyes so she could see properly.

That was interesting fact #137 in the Book of Interesting Body Facts, she reminded herself... 'Rheum- the collection of debris in one's eyes when at rest.' Arya loved random knowledge, and was very curious when it came to learning. 

She watched her brother walk out of the room with the megaphone, closing the door behind him. Arya jumped up and opened the door and immediately ran after him, sliding across the smooth hallways in her brand new knit socks and skipping down each step, finally catching up to her brother just as they reached the downstairs living room at the bottom of the stairs.

Holden ran into the kitchen, not noticing that Arya had stopped at the bottom of the stairs.

While Holden was busy stealing extra pancakes without his mother seeing, Arya slowly walked forward into the living room. The blinds had been opened, letting light pour through the window.  It was a fine spring evening, quite a beautiful day for the season. 

The sky was covered in droplets of cool, crisp rain, with the sun shining through them reflecting the image of a rainbow. She touched the window, feeling the thin coat of dust that had gathered on the glass. "Father..." she whispered underneath her breath.

Holden walked out of the kitchen with a huge stack of pancakes piled onto his plate, completed with a dollop of whipped cream, 6 strawberries, caramel sauce and mango slices. He carried another plate in his left hand with a single plain pancake with raspberry jam in the center.

He was about to open his mouth when he saw Arya staring out the window. She slowly turned her head, not looking at the pancakes in his hand or making eye contact with him.

Arya and her younger brother, Holden, were sitting at the windowsill. The clouds moved, changing from yellow to pale blue to gray. Their eyes did not move.

Arya, a 12 year old girl, was a very smart, creative girl, with a very big personality. She always worried about all the little things that happened, even if they were unimportant. 

She had a sense of leadership and focus when she wanted to, even though her head was usually in a million places, and she had determination and perseverance, meaning that she could accomplish almost any task that came her way, even if it was complicated and confusing. 

Her 9 year old brother, Holden, was quite different. He was a shorter, quick-footed kid who was extremely energetic, curious, and mischievous. From Arya's perspective, Holden was an annoying, sport-loving brother that asked much too many questions and never cared for an answer.

 Arya and Holden lived in a secluded part of the Yukon, but they owned a huge mansion. Their mansion had 4-stories, 11 bedrooms, and 13 bathrooms, along with 5 kitchens, 4 living rooms, a movie theatre room, a giant heated pool and hot tub which they spent a lot of time in, and an amazing view with a big forest and snow-topped mountains stretched out for miles.

Their father, Steven, was a tall, brown-haired man that would almost always be in a business suit, even when they went "camping" in their own backyard.