Chapter 37: Displacement

Start from the beginning

I reluctantly go up to the Olympus floor. As soon as I step on Gideon's floor I saw Scott pacing outside Gideon's office. Two other employees is standing near Scott.

When he saw me he runs to me, grab my arm and drags me in front of the  office of Gideon.

As I was about to talk I hear a glass breaking inside the room.

My eyes and Scott's widen and I attempted to run back to the elevator

"Oh no you don't missy!"

"Scott! He is breaking things! He might break my bones if I entered that room!"

"He will not! Bossman would rather jump out of this building than hurting you Ella. Please Ella help us."

"Is this the first time he did this?" I ask.

"No." He shakes his head.

"There are times that his patience snaps . If that happens we just let him be and scurry out of his way."

"Why not just do that? Why risk my life Scott?!"

"Don't be ridiculous! Ella please for us and the company calm him down. He might do something drastic like fire us all!"

Oh no. Gideon will do that? Tsk. I have no choice but to enter the lion's den. I don't want Gideon to fire his employees they will not have any money to buy food then they will starve!  It will all be my fault.

"Okay I'll do it." Scott and the other 2  employees cheers. With the way they cheer as it felt like I am an astronaut who landed on the moon for the first time.

I took a deep breath and entered Gideon's office.

What greeted me first is a broken glass around the room. Everything is a mess. There are broken furnitures around me. Is he the hulk? How can he destroy this things?

Gideon was standing in front of the glass window arms crossed to his chest.

"Didn't I say that don't disturb me Scott! How many times should I tell you before your thick skull can comprehend what I am saying?!"
This is the first time I hear him use that tone. I might piss on this floor. Why do I let Scott persuade me to do this suicide mission..

Huhuhu.. lord, Jesus, Mary, Joseph and all the saints dude that is with you help me.

Here goes nothing!

I slowly walk to where Gideon is standing and I carefully wrap my arms around his waist.  I burrow my face on his back.

I feel him stiffen at first and I feel him grasp both of my hands with his.

"What are you doing here love?"

"I heard that you're in dire need of one of my power hugs so here I am at your service."

He turned around so my head was on his chest now. I can hear his heartbeat. This shows that we really have a significant difference in height. He wraps his arms around my middle and I can feel him place his chin on top of my head.

I don't know how many minutes we are hugging and I am worried about Gideon's neck.

"Come on Gideon let's sit down."

I disentangle myself to him and lead him towards the couch.
He sat down and I was suppose to sit beside him but he lift me and place me on his lap.

I resume hugging him and say.

"What happened Gideon?"

"Nothing." He answered.

I stop hugging him and glare at him.