Shattered Violets~25

Start from the beginning

“Yes, I watched him take his last breath. Angel, this is going to haunt my nightmares until my dying day.”

“It’s okay my sweet Violet.” She whispered as she patted my head against her chest.

“ Do you think it was Tone? I mean what you told me about him… it must have been him?” I whispered.

“Hush, don’t even say a word right now. Violet, for once be smart. Cry and carry on. Make them believe you’re grieving. If it was Tone, he’s long gone by now.”

“You’re right. Now let’s get out of here, quickly; without causing a scene.”

Angel turned me towards the exit. We’d only made it a few feet when a hand grabbed my arm causing me to stop. Spinning me around, I was once again face to face with my father.

“Let go of me old man.” I spat between my teeth. 

“You did this, you killed him.” He accused. “You arranged this because you wanted all his money to yourself. You’re such a greedy whore!”

I couldn’t believe this man.

“How in the hell did she kill him? She was in his arms when he was shot.” Angel interjected.

“Shut up you, you cunt… I know you both had a hand in this. You couldn’t leave well enough alone.” He continued ranting like a mad man.

Angel and I looked at each other confused and continued to back away from my father. Afraid of what he might do in this situation.  We were almost to the threshold, when we were approached by a hotel manager.

“Excuse me Mrs. Hannon, but you can’t leave the scene of the crime until the police have investigated.” He said.

“Oh, okay. Is there a place where Mrs. Hannon and I can wait, away from this chaos?” Angel asked, taking charge.

The hotel manager thought for a moment before he answered. “Here, follow me. Why don’t you two go sit in the reception hall for now. We’ll be directing people in there shortly, but it should give you a moment to collect yourself.”

“Thank you.” Angel and I both said in unison.

“My pleasure,” He replied. “If you need anything, please just ask.”

Angel stepped forward. “When the detective gets here, can you please send him in to us directly?”

“I’d be happy too.” He answered, and left the room.

Sitting down at a table in the far corner, I took in the reception room; it was as beautifully done as the ceremony hall. White and purple filled every corner, as hints of sparkle bounced off the lights around the room. Flowers overflowing on each perfectly placed table. I large white dance floor glittered with purple lights. All I could think about was what a waste; a waste of money, but mostly a waste of a life.

Grabbing a linen napkin off the table, I tried to remove his blood from my hands. Looking at my reflection in the mirrored wall, I didn’t recognize the woman staring back at me. She was covered from head to toe in blood, her face smeared with Damon’s life force. Suddenly, I started to feel nauseas.  Looking around, I searched for something to vomit in. Eyeing a champagne bucket, I removed the bottle and dumped the ice on the floor, as I heaved into it until my sides and throat couldn’t take anymore.  The more I thought about what just happened, the more the bile rose in my throat.

Angel lifted my head for the champagne bucket, and started to dab my face with a linen napkin she had dampened in a glass of ice water.

“Violet, you need to get a grip.” She whispered.

“No shit, Angel. Don’t you think I know what already? You’re not the one covered in his blood.”

“Do you regret him dying?” She asked.

“Hell no!  I’m not stupid Angel. I know that is the only way I could ever be free from him. I had been wishing him dead as he carried me out of that room. Now he is.” I drifted off, shaking my head, to clear my thoughts. “Still there is more to worry about now. The question is how to get out of here and way from my father.” I sighed.

“Well, what are you going to say when they ask you what happened?” Angel asked.

“The truth. Not the truth. I don’t know.” I answered.

“Well you better figure it out honey, ‘cause this could unravel into a huge ass mess. Think about it. You know Damon and your father weren’t on the up and up. I mean the fact that there are so many packing here as it is. Plus, both of us were kidnapped.”

“You don’t have to remind me Angel. I’m well aware of that fact. There is also the fact that I shot my father last night in the shoulder and the he believes I’m his ticket to a fortune of stocks and a military contracts. So yes, I’m aware of the fact that this could blow up into something I can’t control. ” I retorted.

“You what? What the hell Violet. This just keeps getting bigger and bigger. I don’t know how much more I can take?” Angel gasped.

“Then go.”

“Violet, that’s not what I meant. I just don’t know how many more surprises I can take. You have to admit this is all unreal.”

“I know, I know. I’m sorry. There is so much to take in.” I replied.

I sat there thinking. The more I tell the police the more of a mess this is going to become. I had to figure out a way to get out of here and my father out of my life for good.

“Angel, can you go get my father?” I asked.

“What the hell for?”

“Because, I think I figured our ticket out of this mess.”

With that, Angel left the room in search for my father.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to vote and comment.  Thank you for continuing to read.