Six

Harry’s Point of View:

“Hello?” I heard Louis voice on the other line.

“Hey Lou, it’s Harry.” 

“I know Harry I have caller ID.” he said chuckling.

“Hey mate, how have you been?” I said.

“Good, real good. The baby is doing real well, she is almost 2. Not really a baby anymore. You should come by and see her. She looks like just like me.” I could hear the sincerity in his voice.

“I will Lou but I need some advice.”

“Is it about the girl you were telling me about last night?” 

“Yeah how did you guess?”

“Harry, I have known you for many years we are best mates.” He said.

“True.”

“Okay now what’s the problem?”

“I have no idea where to take Grace out on a date!” I basically yelled in desperation into the phone.

“Grace, is the girl?”

“Yes Lou, I’m glad you’re keeping up with this.” 

“Why not dinner?”

“Because I was talking to her co-worker who knows like everything about her. She said that she doesn’t like that stuff. She isn’t traditional. She likes adventures and spontaneous things. Oh and Animals.”

“That’s Hard. Liam is good at this stuff too. Have you thought about giving him a ring?” Louis suggested.

“Liam is on his honey moon. I cannot bother him.” I reminded Louis.

“Oh right, crazy wedding.” Louis chuckled at the memories.

“Louis! Focus I need a date options. I’m desperate mate!” 

“El come here!” He called to Eleanor, his wife. “Harry needs help. He doesn’t know where to take this girl he likes.” I heard Louis tell Eleanor. He described what I told her and I heard her soft voice talking to Louis.

“Eleanor said take her to a park and go to the zoo or something like that.”

“That’s an option, but I feel as if it’s too boring. Did I mention she climbed Mount Everest?”

“Really that’s impressive. Harry you might have found a girl who is more athletic and stronger than you.” Louis laughed.

“There is no denying that.” I said.

“I just thought of a perfect Idea!” 

“Tell me!” 

“Take her to an animal shelter. Buy yourself a dog Harry. You keep telling me how much you want one, but are too lazy to go out and get one. Why don’t you ask Grace to come with you? And then on the way home take her and the dog to the park, there is a huge hill there! You can grab a bite and watch the sun set or something.” Louis said.

“Louis if I was with you I would kiss you. This is perfect! I finally can get myself a dog, and I am impressing Grace with the good deed I am doing. Louis you’re a genius!” I said into the phone.

“That’s why I have kept myself a girl for so long. I never run out of ideas.” I could see him smiling.

“I owe you one mate.”

“I know what you can do. Can you come watch baby Leena, Saturday. Me and El want to get away for a night.” 

“Absolutely!”