Chapter 2

Naruto

Ohmygodohmygod, okay it's not a big deal...

"Hi," Hinata says with a small smile on her face. That's it. That's the end of me. I never thought I would be at the receiving end of this smile, again. I cannot believe this is happening, all over again.

The smile never leaves her face and I realize that everyone is staring at me and I am staring at her. I need to say something. I try to think of a reply but my mind is blanking. SAY hi!! I open my mouth but no voice comes out.

Talk, damm it!! I scream inside my head; the dizziness came back and I am very close to blacking out. Holy shit! Help me, someone!! And it was as if God heard my prayers and one of my co-workers came in.

"Boss," he said to Kakashi, "I need you to sign these." With that, everyone's gaze shifted to him. Except for me, who was still creepily staring at Hinata. How can I not? Her hair was tied in a high-pony, and her black skirt had a mud stain on it, or wait it was a coffee stain from before. And to my utter good luck, Kakashi broke the silence after signing his papers.

"Okay, so that's your team for the next year," he said patting my back, which finally brought me back to reality and my eyes stripped away from Hinata to Kakashi and then to the rest of the team, who to no one's surprise had one single thought in their heads. Our boss is a fucking pervert. I wouldn't blame them for thinking that.

"You all know where your offices are, please settle yourself in today and get your staff ids and other paper-work done," Kakashi continued, "and please meet back in the office after lunch-time."

Hinata

Kakashi-san leaves the office and so does Naruto-kun. I didn't think I would meet him this early, I thought he was in a very higher position. Well, it doesn't really matter. I am here to do a job and get some experience. It doesn't matter if someone who I stalk on Instagram almost every night is standing right in front of me... It doesn't matter... It shouldn't...

I shake away all of the thoughts from my mind and head directly towards my small cubicle, which to my surprise is directly in front of Naruto's. Wow, god you aren't making this easy... I settle myself in I already have my staff id done and the only problem on my list is the stained skirt. I can't believe I was this clumsy and directly hit him... Ugh.

"Oi!" someone says behind me making me jump, "you're Hinata right? I'm Konohamru!"

It's one of the members of our team. He looks young, like really young and he also does not know how to dress up as in a corporate office. Looking at his sandals makes me sad. "Hi," I say with a small smile. I don't want to talk right now; I know what he wants to talk about. I don't want to think about it—

"So, I think our boss has a huge crush on you?" says another voice behind him, "that was a bad first impression on us," Kiba says. I'm relieved to see a familiar face on my team. I met Kiba on my first job when we both were interns, and now we have reunited again after two years.

"Hi to you too Kiba-kun."

"You know, you shouldn't have to even do this job. What happened to your dad's—"

I put my hand on his mouth. No one needs to know about my history. Well, my boss already knows but I don't think he cares. Anymore.

"Wait can we go back to the topic of when the boss couldn't take his eyes off you," Konohamaru interjected. 

"I know Naruto-kun from college," I say, my leg shaking and fingers doing a dance behind my back, "I think he recognized me from back then." And I instantly regretted saying it as I saw Konohamru's eyes lit up like stars.

"Oh, I think it was more than a reorganization," Konohamru says with a wide smile, "I bet you two were involved in some college romance!" He declared very boldly, and with a variant smile on his face.

I freeze and stare at him wide-eyed. My cheeks feel very hot right now and I swear the room around me is closing in.

"What's going on?" says the last person I want to be around right now. Naruto-kun comes closer to our little group and looks at all of us. I look anywhere but in his eyes, I know what lies in those blue eyes of his.

"Nothing boss!" Konohamru says and leaves whistling.

"Um... Hinata...?"

I look up and there they were again. Those blue eyes looking directly into my eyes, as much as I try to tell myself I cannot hate them. I remember seeing a story a couple of days ago when he saw a really big pigeon in New York and he was trying to compare it to others with his handspan. He had a disgusting reaction when one of them pooped on his hands, his nose scrunched up and eyebrows almost joining together and right now he was making the same face at me. I know this expression very well, I never thought I would be at the receiving end of it.

"Excuse me," I say and make my way to the restroom. Leaving Naruto-kun dumbfounded and Kiba-kun alone with our boss in an awkward silence.

Splashing some cold water on my face, the tears I was trying to hold just came down. Great, crying on your first day. I wish I was still on the receiving end of his bright smile, but I'm not. Not anymore. I broke his heart five years ago, and he will never forgive me. It doesn't matter how I feel. The way he looks at me, I know the truth - Naruto hates me. ­­