15

TW//: Body image, I'll put ** where it'll begin so if you aren't comfortable with reading that you can skip that part and I'll put those where it ends. Also here's a longer chapter because I may not be able to post next week so enjoy :)

After Harry left I fell back asleep for an hour or two as I was waiting for Niall to come bring me my clothes. I hope that Niall grabbed the outfit I was going to wear to Caroline's party this year but knowing him he probably didn't grab it because it "showed off too much skin". I hear a knock at my door and turn to see Niall walking through the doorway. I smile slightly at him and thank him as he hands me the bag of clothes.

"Here ya go. I grabbed a lot of clothes for you so you should be set for a bit." He tells me as I open the bag and start to sort through the clothes. I continue looking, noticing a couple of pairs of shoes as I wait for him to go but he's not budging.

"Hope look at me please." He whispers. I sigh out and bring my eyes to meet his. Niall's eyes are teary and full of emotion.

"I saw your mum and Athena today as I was getting your stuff. They miss you, you know. I want you to know how sorry I am. I should've protected you. I shouldn't have let you walk away, hell I'm your best friend and I knew this was going to happen but I thought that maybe if i was there nothing would happen. I know you better than anyone and I know how much this is destroying you." He blurted out.

"Is that it?" I question my voice lacking any emotion. I know I'm being a bitch but he was my best friend. I trusted him with my life and he let this happen to me.

"Hope, don't do this. I know you please don't shut me out. I'm your best friend." He pleads with me but I'm not having it.

"Well, maybe you should've thought about that before you let them kidnap me. So no, you don't know me and we were best friends." I spit out. My anger is starting to seep through and I just want him to leave.

"Please Hope. I'm begging you! I know everything about you and you know everything about me. I-"

"Yeah, I sure know everything about you. I know that you're a liar and if you know me so well, then you know how much I hate liars." I interrupt him and he looks down taking a deep breath before releasing it. This is hurting him and me but I don't want to do this anymore. I don't want to be here.

"Hope please." He pauses looking up at me as he makes eye contact. Tears are lining his eyes and he's trying hard to not let them fall. "I love you so much you know that, you've been my best friend since we were kids and I know you. Please don't do this to me." His voice trembled and he's starting to sway me but I can't give in, not to this.

"I guess we never really knew each other Niall. We were best friends. Now we're nothing more than strangers." I choked out. Those words hurt him and I see him give up. His shoulders deflate as he looks back down and he clears his throat.

He looks up and analyzes my face to see if I'm lying but all he can see is how serious I am. He straightens up and turns around, he walks out the door without saying another word.

The minute I see the door close I break. Tears flow out of my eyes as I try to control my breathing. I didn't think letting him go would be so hard but it hurts so much. Because now I'm mourning over the loss of a person that I loved more than life itself.

Again.

*****

After crying for what seemed like forever I got up and started getting ready for the party. After going through the clothes multiple times I grabbed a white tank top crop top that had little roses on it. With that, I paired it with one of my favorite pairs of jeans and my black and white converse that I wear basically every day. My scar is popping out a bit more than I would like it to be but hopefully, the room is dark enough where no one will notice it