(ง ⌣ ~ ⌣) ง

(Naasica)

Another plan that followed through without a hitch.

The mind control seals were destroyed upon their user's death. The ones Konoha had managed to capture alive chose suicide, so in the end Konoha only had their corpses. Minato had to be suspicious about their movements, but what could he do?

They'd send a team to Suna. By the time they arrived, Guren and Deidara would have flattened the entire village. There'd be enough bijū chakra left over to paint a pretty picture: they lost control of their jinchūriki and attacked Konoha because they had nothing left to lose.

The smarter members of Konoha wouldn't accept such a lie at face value, but they'd have nothing else to go on.

Two of the five major villages were wiped out.

A smile curled my lips as I watched Obito prep dinner for the night. Our students had done impeccably well. No one died or faced serious injury. They were wounded, exhausted, but content with what they had accomplished.

Sakura looked especially happy. She had returned home with a tiny wooden doll. When I asked about it, she blushed and hid it from my sight.

I knew it was Sasori's.

I was happy he was going to take her.

Sakura would be wasted in Konoha. I could manipulate her well enough, but I had to keep up appearances as Naasica. It would be so much easier if someone in the Akatsuki helped coerce her to our side. She had the right heart for it.

Although her susceptibility to pretty faces was a mild concern. I would leave it up to Sasori to correct that, either through grooming her mindset differently or slipping her a poison to render her libido nonexistent.

I had to admit when Sasori told me about such a poison, I was tempted to take it for myself. But Obito and Kakashi would throw a hissy fit if I lost that drive, so I didn't. Sex could be used as a way to comfort and console, on top of being an easy stress reliever.

Naruto set up plates at the dinner table while Kakashi worked on the second stove to prepare Itachi's leek stew. During the invasion, Itachi's fever had returned. Shisui, still at the hospital, promised he'd bring home some medicine when he got off work. For now, Itachi needed rest and nutrients.

Sasuke was trying to one-handedly suture a gash on his leg while Sakura monitored it. Everyone had taken basic trauma care, but Sasuke was determined to be able to suture with one hand. He let out a hiss of pain when he tore his skin and Sakura scolded him, "You're too shaky. Let me finish it."

"No, I can do this," he snapped, pain making him irritable.

"Idiot."

"Not everyone can afford to waste their time daydreaming about their crushes," he snarked. "Who's the doll from? Another pretty boy?"

"Shut up," Sakura growled, her face reddening. "At least I know how to have fun. All you do is train."

"Training is fun, you stupid girl."

"This stupid girl is about to kick your fu—"

"Okay," said Naruto with a loud clap from the dinner table. "Look, the sexual tension is funny to watch and all but now you two are being disruptive."

Sasuke's face heated up. He blurted out, "WHAT?!"

Judging from how flushed he grew afterward, I could assume he hadn't meant to be so loud.