Chapter Twenty Two: Memories

Author Writing Songs:
The Less I know The Better - Tame Impala
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Fool You've Landed - Mumford and Sons

Bold is English.

....please don't kill me.

---

Having finally pieced together why their little brother had fallen asleep in the bathtub and why their maknae had been naked on the bathroom floor, the group had very little time to consolidate any more of their drunken actions before being whisked away to their various promotional commitments. Although hungover, the day seemed to past a lot faster than they'd expected... For some.

For others, the day had been going as perfectly smooth as it could have, until a hazy memory of the previous night crept into another artist's mind. Not only did this memory appear, but it also had distinct evidence to confirm it.
"Shit." The eldest of BTS scowled into the bathroom mirror at the scattered assortment of painful red markings across his collar bone. He hadn't meant to get so drunk. Had he really-?
He was quite sure these marks weren't from anyone else. The group hadn't left the room since getting horribly drunk and at least one of them had been with Seokjin the entire night after the hotel. He was also quite sure Yoongi, Hobi nor Tae were on the suspect list either. Knowing Jikook had been fairly engaged elsewhere, there was only one other option.

"Kim Namjoon...what have we done?" he murmured, examining his neck for a few more moments as if it could cause any other memories to crop up. But, there was no success. The only memory he held onto was a hazy, drunken feeling of soft lips firmly traversing his face and neck and a complete feeling of bliss as he held who he assumed to be Namjoon within his arms,"Brilliant... Just brilliant..." Surely there was no easy way he was to get out of this mess. Covering his neck and taking a deep breath, he left the bathroom in a whirlwind of thoughts.

Did Joon remember? He didn't seem to... But what if he was keeping it from Jin also? There were a hundred different possibilities and Seokjin disliked every single one of them. But the worst thought of all spiralling around his head, was the realisation that he had broken his promise to Namjoon, "... Just best friends..." the murmured memory slipped through his lips before he could grasp it on its escape and shove it far down into his throat.

The memory brought a sickening feeling to his stomach and he did not believe it was entirely due to the wash of nausea his hangover was causing. It had been five months. Almost half a year had gone by with Seokjin slowly resorting himself to the fact that what had happened might as well have been a dream. A 'phase'. A hook-up for a couple of weeks... An experiment.

And suddenly, his the nausea grew so great that the singer found himself needing to prop his body against the changing room wall, ignorant of the concerned looks around him. Was it just that? Had he seen Namjoon as an experiment? Had Namjoon seen him as one? Or worse... Did Namjoon think Seokjin had only been experimenting?
"Oh gosh-" Jin reached a hand up to his mouth as the panicked realisation. Was that it? Was that why he'd ended it? Because Seokjin wasn't reacting properly... Was being cold? Distant? Unresponsive? All this time he'd thought Namjoon haf been ignoring him at the AMAs... But what if it had just been their leader abiding to what he thought were the older's wishes?

"Hyung." Yoongi's hands gently wrapped themselves around Jin's waist, slowly guiding him to a sofa while they awaited their manager. Once seated, Seokjin gulped, grasping his younger brother's wrist and refusing to let the rapper disappear again.
"Y... Yoongi about last night." His words barely came out in a mutter.
Min Yoongi looked cautiously at the older, pulling his face into a curious frown as he tried to decipher what his hyung was trying to say. "Please... tell me you didn't remember anything." he finally whispered, wincing in anticipation.
All Seokjin did was slowly nod.
"-Fuck."