Chapter Five: Awkward Tension And A Whole Lot Of Madness

Ok the joke's boring now. Lets have a new chapter title theme.

Morning!! 💚💜

Author writing songs:
Unsustainable - Muse
Masterpiece Theatre III - Marianas Trench
The Power of Will - Iván Torrent

---
The idea that they, as a continuously rising KPop group had been invited to the AMAs in November had pretty much sent every single one of them into a panicked, yet estatic frenzy. The moment they had been told by Manager Sejin, they had instantly launched into a chaotic burbled mess, shouting ideas left right and centre, intermingled with sudden yelped realisations that they were going to be making history.

Having gotten all the initial excitement of our their systems, BTS eventually calmed down enough to think logically and seriously about how they were going to present themselves. BigHit had seized the opportunity of being in America and so they were not just attending the AMAs. The band expected to be there for at least two months, doing press interviews, small shows and, even a New Years Eve performance. It had cost them a lot on the South Korean media scene... But it was a leap of faith all of them had been willing to take.

But with such opportunities, also came the stress and anxiety to be absolutely perfect. They were terrified that one slip up would shatter their bridge into Western music and media, bringing down not only their international support but also, their South Korean support with it. It was the riskiest move they'd ever played and so inevitably, it had washed intense nerves across them all.

Thud. "Ow bloody-!" Namjoon fell heavily onto his back where he'd tripped over Yoongi's foot and sent himself sprawling. In the past, such an accident would have sent a ripple of laughter around the group. But with just over a month before their flight, everyone was far too tense to make light humour of the accident.
"Let's go again." He muttered, nodding to Hoseok who retook his position and began calling out timings once more.

The part where Namjoon had fallen was the final spectacle of their AMAs performance. Although he'd performed it several times before on stage, it seemed as if that afternoon, his body simply did not wish to co-operate with his brain. Taking a deep breath as the ending neared, he narrowed his attention even more to his footing and launched into the finale of DNA.
"Hyung wrong foot. Let's go again."
By this time, the rapper was becoming intensely frustrated by the whole ordeal. If there was one single part he simply could not mess up, it was the one part he continuously did. The longer his mind wandered into the consequences of his inabilities, the more mistakes he made.

"Namjoon-"
"-What?!" he cried out, throwing himself out of formation and glaring at Hoseok who had been moments away from praising him for getting the last practice dance completely right, "I'm trying. I really am. I know I'm not good enough and I'm sorry ok?" He clenched his fists in anger, his arms trembling. Had he closed his mouth there and then and let their dance leader continue his kind words, perhaps Namjoon's day would have followed on a wildly different path. But, as he simply could not see past his anger, the dark haired singer continued to yell.

"Go on! Say it!" he screamed, pacing harshly towards his belongings and picking them up, not caring if some items dropped violently to the floor. Around him, their staff, his manager and his brothers fell into a shocked silence. But this simply made him angrier. "I can't dance! I can't do it! There-I said it for you. No need to tell me yourself. You're better off without me."

Before anyone could stop him, he burst through the studio doors and disappeared, leaving a trail of his discarded belongings behind him in a desperation to race back to their dorm, bundle under his bed covers and simply forget everything.

***

Unable to help himself, Seokjin sprinted after the youngster, his heart seeming to dictate where his legs would take him as the two of them stumbled into Namjoon's bedroom. Pausing to breathe, he leant heavily against the closest wall, thanking whoever encouraged Bang PD to situate their dorm virtually a minute's walking distance from the studio. Finally able to focus on the situation at hand, he turned to the distressed youngster.
"Joon-"